Chobits

it was ok...
so hes marrying a robot he cant have sex with or make babies with...
if too many people start doing that the only way to reproduce is making new chobits in a lab.
humans may go extinct :D

I remember I read this back in 2013 (7 years ago when I was still 14). Looks like I'm going on a binge again.

Dex-chan lover
robots/AIs are not and can never be alive, let alone be people. (they're not even substances - rocks are closer to being people than robots are) i get that, like the slavery trope, the robot-girls-are-real-people trope is a response to the desire for pre-modern patriarchal marriage. it's missing the point to make the story about them being real. that's just sentimental bullshit. the movie ex machina did a pretty good job with showing the vapidity of that kind of thing. the point of the trope is just an excuse to have a nice setting where the women are obedient and pleasant and there's no feminism, without explicitly calling feminism into question.

chi is really cute, and her type of femininity is nice, no "strong fmc" crap here, but if the whole story is about her being a person, that's exactly what breaks the suspension of disbelief. it just becomes retarded looking at these machines kissing each other since you've called so much attention to the fact that they're inanimate objects by trying to deny it. feelings can't change reality!

and he can't even
have kids or bang her
? why would you write it that way?

The above poster seems to have missed all the male persocoms in the series; the story focused on the female ones, but male ones are present as bg characters whenever there's big crowds, and also mentioned by characters (Yumi's sister has a male humanoid persocom, for example). Also, if you just hate robots (you see them below rocks), why bother reading romance about them?

On another note, finished reading this series. Was pretty good overall, even if not a masterpiece. Glad I took the time to read it, been wanting to either read it or watch the anime one day for about 20 years.

Users who are viewing this thread