Choppiri Toshiue Demo Kanojo ni Shite Kuremasu ka? - Vol. 2 Ch. 6 - Picking up, and Then...

Dex-chan lover
@PotatoZero I was using "we" in an informal sense to refer to what the characters were doing in the chapter. It's similar to asking the rhetorical question "Oh, so we're doing this now?"

Dex-chan lover
...Both Yuki and Hime did. It's what triggered the events of the back half of the chapter. What are you trying to suggest?

Dex-chan lover
15 year old staying at your house vs a 27 year old....
BIG DIFFERENCE, girl!

Aggregator gang
@tikibo

It's the sign of a rather relaxed and economically stable society where one member can do housework and raise the family while the other raises money. America was similar before the stagflation of '71. Arguably, our society is much less healthy.

Aggregator gang
@Boomthorkell
I don't know what "our" society you are talking about, but social pressure for married woman to stay at home instead of pursuing a career is NOT a sign of a good society. Also, more often than not, such mentality is a sign of archaic traditions and has nothing to do with economic stability. "I'm a man and my wife won't work" doesn't always mean "I earn enough money for my family". It was also pretty common in Eastern Europe some years ago, and I'm sure that last word you could use to describe their economy is "stable" and "relaxed".

Aggregator gang
@Tikibo There economy certainly has higher level banking issues (as if ours isn't also a house of cards), but unlike in America, the average family does not have to struggle for dual wages to manage. Do you really like daycare that much?

Ah, I wouldn't call something that was the norm here 40 years ago archaic, and not all "progress" is healthy. I think the issues that follow that post '71 culture-econ shift are more stressful and unhealthy. They may have it worse in some ways, but as far as family is concerned, I think socially Japan is much healthier than America (remember, part of their issue is people over-working themselves, and here you are asking for their society to "pick up the pace!" , which is very much an industrialist, post-family sort of puritan anti-aging attitude.)

Well, our society. Though, I guess we can specify and say, "White America," but really I think the issue affects every working American family of any stripe.

Aggregator gang
In our society most parents demand the girl leave her job to "support" the family. Which is why women with higher paying jobs are staying single. If you're at the bottom its a bit hard because companies don't want to employ you after 30 if you're unmarried.

My mom used to tell me having a job is the best independence and older fashioned parents don't like that.

Orihara gives off so many red flags ...
- Drinks heavily when she feels down
- gets jealous easily
- is messy
- prone to stubbornness
- generally low self-confidence

Their married life will be hell very soon. Especially if one considers that she will hit the wall in just a couple years.
She likely will be one of those typical old women who constantly nag and complain.

@GTX1080Ti

Wrong. The three main reasons for why women with higher paying jobs stay single is because they wasted their best years climbing the corporate ladder, men don't want to marry up and women don't want to marry down. Women are most attractive between 17 and 19. Men are inclined and usually will go after younger women. Older women will have an increasingly difficult time to compete the older they get. When they hit the wall at 35 it's game over.

Dex-chan lover
Everything the friend said about her husband gave me massive NTR Red Flags...Old, can't properly pipe down his hot younger wife anymore, sees her as a mother instead of a wife? Yeah, this could turn into a MILF harem...

Dex-chan lover
Come in! Please have some tea inside

tenor.gif

Yooo. Obviously Orihara is super gorgeous but Damn! Yuki is ridiculously beautiful. I hope we get lots more of her.

Users who are viewing this thread