Choujin Gakuen - Konton Mouryou Seishun Jihen

I love Choujin Gakuen. It's my favorite manga of all time and It's 50% of my source of inspiration in my drawings. I really do wish everyone should give it a chance and read this. The story is inspiring, the world building is really good, the characters are interesting in there own ways, every main characters have there own spotlight, the action is AWESOME, the art is really good, it can be funny, sad, or happy, the art style in general is unique! This manga is really important to me and i finished it recently for the 5th time. It's a manga that i will never get bored of. Although the manga has like some to nothing very minor art mistakes it doesn't even need to be mentioned since everything else is really good and I take the time to appreciate the drawn smears! This manga is one of a kind and I encourage anybody to read it! This manga is Kick Ass.

p.s. I've read somewhere that the author's name is suppose to be pronounced Ishizawa Yousuke. Although take that with a grain of salt.

p.p.s. if any of you eventually become fans make fan art. I can only find traces and only like a couple of works in Japanese servers, or just show you like it because this manga definently deserves more attention.

p.p.p.s. apparently this manga has a lot of christian symbolism and genuine references to the bible itself but DON'T let that be the reason not to read it because it isn't up in your face and it's very subtle and the author just thinks it's cool.

Contributor
Such a good shonen, and it had a nice ending too, although it definitely could have gone on a little longer and developed the new character a little more (like the author said in the end)

If you’re worried about that for reading it though, definitely read it. It’s not like it got axed or ended like Marry Grave.

10/10 for a shonen

(although shonen isn’t really my cup of tea)

Slow beginning with some good bits of humour here and there;
Cool middle with nice art and twists;
Predictable and undercooked end, although serviceable.

I would have dropped it if I didn't read it in one go, but it makes for an okay binge reading.

Dex-chan lover
It was interesting at first it quickly became obvious that it was some wannabe big shonen series

It's alright but no one should take this any seriously.

The two people below me probably read One Piece and became so numb to having good taste that they cant fathom good character design and dynamic art whilist not being able to comprehend good writing and stort telling. there favorite anime is probably something like Naurto lol.

@Tsukinotaku . ur boring, bet you like Uzaki-chan wannabe critic with crdibility

@Mangolala dont see how predictable but apparently he had sadly axe some of it that is including some plots and characters being left out

Dex-chan lover
@D7oS I dunno, you seem pretty mad...

Also, my favorite animes are Oregairu with Hyouka and To aru Kagaku in close seconds.
Never even watched One Piece beyond what I saw on tv around 15-16 years ago... Is that thing still going on ?

But let me ask you something. Do you actually think that Naruto is bad ?
Yes, it's overhyped mainstream but many of us grew with it and had it as their first manga, it started millions of children into becoming anime fans. Hating on it is kinda foolish.
I don't think anyone who has been watching anime for over 10 years would say it's bad, the anime was filled with pointless filler, but it's also kind of a legendary series that'll be remembered for decades (Boruto aside). That kind of status deserves some credit.
I can see that your standard for anime seems to come from underrated anime fans breaching into the mainstream fanbase to complain for drama...

Also, yes, I do like Uzaki-chan cause it is just hilarious to see people trying to argue over something so stupid lol
I'm waiting on their reaction on the Nagatoro anime too~

@Tsukinotaku i dunno bro. you seemed bothered simply because you just typed a whole paragraph.

Dont care about One Piece. Passionate creator that will never stop (which is good thing). My favorite top anime would probably be Trigun and im trying to watch GunBuster right now

ive been watching anime since i was 4 and i would say Naruto is just alright. Ive seen a lot of episodes because my brother was watching it and the thing that helps the anime is its character design.. it is pretty cool i wont lie. but like i will call it bad if it literaly traced action scenes from other existing anime. i wont take it seriously if you copy someone elses good work. Naruto is just golden boy product that makes millions. pointless to me. boring anime. Now i will say that it did help bring anime into pop culture but it doesnt mean that its good. kids and teens dont even know good quality anime until they question it. Borrrring product anime no one should take seriously.

My standard for anime is that it should look passionate, have interesting character design, good animation, something to offer that being the concept, characters, story, writing, the action, how natural these characters feel, etc. my bar is sort of high but thats also because i am an animator and have a passion for videogames and music. the more i learned about animation the more i started to realize how lazy and boring some popular anime are. Though Pop animes can be good Trigun as i said, Panty and Stocking, Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Demon Slayer, Pop Team Epic. Those are pretty damn good, i know animes dont Just become popular what do you take me for, i read Choujin Gakuen foo.

Couldnt care less for Uzaki and i tried but its just the Same Thing of the cute girl is dense and i have one attractive aspect and Guy is serious and doesnt like her (likes her) and wait for volumes long just for him to say "i live you" or something. Though i do like 2 of those and that is Acchi Kocchi and How Clumsy you are Miss Ueno, they are both unqiue in there own ways and Acchi Kocchi is my favorite and its actualy my top favorite mangas. But yes it is halarious seeing dumbass twitter artists just LOSE it over some dumb character design with boobs. i am also waiting for the Nagataroo reaction but i also think that one is pretty good. not a favorite but enjoyable.

valid reaction for taking me as someone who dislikes popular anime simply because it is popular. Only boring people do that.

Dex-chan lover
I tried getting into this because the art is soo good, I especially love how the artist draws movement, but most of the action scenes just drag on for way too long and rely on you being super invested in some very shallow characters.

The comedy bits are hit or miss, sometimes it's super funny, but most of it is just the same slapstick gags you've seen in other shounen.

Definitely give the first 5 chapters a shot to see if you like it but if they don't work for you consider dropping the series and moving on. I definitely regret sticking with it for another 25-ish chapters hoping it'll get better (It did not)

Dex-chan lover
@D7oS Dude you can't say I was bothered because I wrote a paragraph and write five time the length yourself....

@Tsukinotaku Thanks for saying to not take this seriously. Seeing the 3ft tall imp character shoot a heart beam really challenged my sanity.

while starting believe my whole life was shame, I managed to navigate to this comment section. Seeing your comment ripped my mind from the ether and back to reality. And after several minutes of laughing and crying, I felt composed enough to type this message.

you saved me from this collection drawing of drawings. thank you, so, so much.

Users who are viewing this thread