Chounin A wa Akuyaku Reijou wo Doushitemo Sukuitai - Vol. 2 Ch. 10 - The Goblin Labyrinth

Double-page supporter
Honestly, this power boost was so jarring it's insane. Like I know he's an engineer, so it wouldn't be inplausible for him to make an ak-47, but it would have been a lot cooler that instead of making straight away, that he started small with basic projectile weapons, like maybe a small crossbow attached to his arms (kinda like the ones you see in assassin's creed) and slowly worked his way up with a lot of trial and error over many years. (Like going from wrist crossbow, to a modified flintlock, then maybe a revolver, and then to a handgun or something)

Seeing the process in itself imo is interesting for me so I would have loved few chapters of him spending time doing that. Then eventually he'd make handgun, but by the time he does he's vsing higher rank enemies who cannot be taken down by guns (Like giant golems, things with super high regeneration like trolls, or things that the bullet just can't penetrate in general), and the handgun ends up being a convenient sidearm that will supplement his swordplay as a way to quickly clear out small fry.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
ok the author jumped the shark, it would've been ok to just say " I found this in a treasure chest" or have a skill to "create anything". but a normal person making a gun outta scrap? nah

Dex-chan lover
I have a feeling that the artist has experience of drawing hentai, almost every chapter has some... ehhh, hints here and there.

Double-page supporter
Honestly I'm amazed the author held off on giving him a bag of holding immediately.

And they're really going to waste time focusing on buying a house?

Dex-chan lover
Bastard went through getting all those casting related skills and for what? Making something he could just make straight up with Alchemy exclusively. He's been working in the sewers for four years, fuck off if you don't have the brains to use Alchemy that powerful to make gunpowder.

Dex-chan lover
So I’m assuming grinding that labyrinth is off the table if that remark about the village being safe for a while is anything to go by. I suppose it makes sense he would make a gun of some sort to use as a weapon given his ability, though I would think a dart gun, or magic gun would be more useful when compared to a simple mixed magic fire AK-47. It was smart of him to make different rounds for specific situations, wonder if he plans on making a shotgun of some kind, maybe even a wind cannon which completely skips the shrapnel based weapon the shotgun is.

Something with the strength of a simple wind cutter, but with the intensity and force of a shotgun. It would be a more modular weapon, and it’s “ammo” would be limited to your mana. Considering his capabilities, this isn’t even an impossibility.

Dex-chan lover
If hes worried about the sound he should've made a supressor. It takes farrrr less mechanical intuition to put together some baffles and a pipe than it does an automatic firearm
But apparently, making "stealthy ammo" is just fine. This manga's writing is a fucking joke. I'm done trying to take any of it seriously. The basic premise being straight up lifted from Mobu Seka was bad enough already, but if it keeps deteriorating like this I might just drop it.

Users who are viewing this thread