Chounin A wa Akuyaku Reijou wo Doushitemo Sukuitai - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - Villager A gets summoned

Dex-chan lover
Im still laughing at the fact that the mc straight up has a gun in the 1st page
Oh, it's not the first time Allen holds some boomstick on cover art, far from it.
However, this is the first time that Miss Tsar-Bomba-On-Legs who stands at his side is flaunting such a confident smile. A clear sign that some serious business is about to start...:D

Last edited:
Yes, Allen may be strong, but he's not Saitama. He's also extremely vulnerable. A literal glass cannon. And he's fully aware of it, IMHO. This is probably the reason why he has developped a fighting style that totally reminds me of Taffy 3's Fletcher-class destroyers at the Battle of Samar.
  1. Lay a thick smokescreen.
  2. Keep moving !
  3. Deftly use your Mark 37 radar-assisted fire control system to devastate the blinded enemy ships superstructures with an accurate barrage of high explosive shells.
  4. Fire a torpedo salvo whenever opportunity arises.
  5. ...
  6. PROFIT

I think the reason he used smokescreen was mainly coz he didnt want all 5 of them to gang up on him as well as he didn't want to show others his gun, specially amy who is also a reincarnated person, would instantly realize it if he used Gun.

I don't think he is weaker than most other mages, if he is a glass canon then everyone else are too. (and well most mages are indeed)
I mean if anything, he is stronger than other mages since he had to do so much physical labor lol

Dex-chan lover
I think the reason he used smokescreen was mainly coz he didnt want all 5 of them to gang up on him as well as he didn't want to show others his gun, specially amy who is also a reincarnated person, would instantly realize it if he used Gun.

I don't think he is weaker than most other mages, if he is a glass canon then everyone else are too. (and well most mages are indeed)
I mean if anything, he is stronger than other mages since he had to do so much physical labor lol
This time, for sure. But in earlier chapters, the smokescreen-concealment-hail of bullets combo was already his signature move when facing overwhelming odds solo (great orc labyrinth, blizzard phoenix, etc). And yet, these were situations where he couldn't be bothered about Kalash-kun & Co. being seen.
Not like he left any survivors behind to tell tales, but anyway...:sneaky:

And I said vulnerable, not weak. Difference is significant. Of course Allen is a powerful mage who can obliterate almost any enemy. But one misplaced arrow / sword slash, one suprise backstab from some hitman hired by Amy's gang and poof, he's gone ! Mission failed. Game over. Mom, Ansastasia and the whole country are kaput. 💀
That's why he nethertheless has to constantly tread so carefully. "Better safe than sorry" as a rule of thumb. 🤫

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This time, for sure. But in earlier chapters, the smokescreen-concealment-hail of bullets combo was already his signature move when facing overwhelming odds solo (great orc labyrinth, blizzard phoenix, etc). And yet, these were situations where he couldn't be bothered about Kalash-kun & Co. being seen.
Not like he left any survivors behind to tell tales, but anyway...:sneaky:

And I said vulnerable, not weak. Difference is significant. Of course Allen is a powerful mage who can obliterate almost any enemy. But one misplaced arrow / sword slash, one suprise backstab from some hitman hired by Amy's gang and poof, he's gone ! Mission failed. Game over. Mom, Ansastasia and the whole country are kaput. 💀
That's why he nethertheless has to constantly tread so carefully. "Better safe than sorry" as a rule of thumb. 🤫
I think Allen is more rounded then the average mage. Noticeably when he's training with the sword to increase his strength. But you are right he uses the appropriate tactics when facing overwhelming odds.

I'd like to seem him training with the sword a little more just as a reminder that he in fact can use them and to show why his stamina/strength increasing.

Dex-chan lover
For sure @Schernobyl, it's a bit frustrating to see Allen's sword training being mostly set aside at that point. But, like the wyverns / Elf village events, I have good hopes that it will come back in handy later in the story. Sit and wait... :coffee::cool:

However, let's not forget why he started training with swords: it was in preparation for The Duel, that he expected to be fair and square (1v1, just him vs. Prince Karl). But as a turn of events, the 5 Stooges eventually ganged up on him. Then... "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome". "So anyway, I started blasting". You know the story :cool:.

Waste of time and energy? I'm not that sure. Allen's unused swordmanship has so far acted as a convenient excuse / cover. Without this, how could one explain that a commoner mob kid could so quickly become such a talented and successful adventurer? Everyone in the guild be like: "How come Allen has become such a badass without even receiving basic combat training? Is he a demon? He's really sus, and thus deserves to be closely watched". :unsure:
So, things could have been quite different, and not for the best... :censored:

Some say that Chounin A is a shallow story. But in fact, when you look closely, the plot is very well knitted. "The devil is in the details" as they say. And this story abounds with such little details... that are not little details. ;)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
For sure @Schernobyl, it's a bit frustrating to see Allen's sword training being mostly set aside at that point. But, like the wyverns / Elf village events, I have good hopes that it will come back in handy later in the story. Sit and wait... :coffee::cool:

However, let's not forget why he started training with swords: it was in preparation for The Duel, that he expected to be fair and square (1v1, just him vs. Prince Karl). But as a turn of events, the 5 Stooges eventually ganged up on him. Then... "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome". "So anyway, I started blasting". You know the story :cool:.

Waste of time and energy? I'm not that sure. Allen's unused swordmanship has so far acted as a convenient excuse / cover. Without this, how could one explain that a commoner mob kid could so quickly become such a talented and successful adventurer? Everyone in the guild be like: "How come Allen has become such a badass without even receiving basic combat training? Is he a demon? He's really sus, and thus deserves to be closely watched". :unsure:
So, things could have been quite different, and not for the best... :censored:

Some say that Chounin A is a shallow story. But in fact, when you look closely, the plot is very well knitted. "The devil is in the details" as they say. And this story abounds with such little details... that are not little details. ;)
Excellent point @Al_Kohlick. Overall Allens focus has been on the duel to prevent the condemnation event and he's been using swordsmanship as a cover for his wind magic and body training..

I have enjoyed the details and how they weave together in Chounin A. I've read the web novel up until where the manga is and the side stories from other POV's really adds little details that the manga misses due to its format.

My only issue is how overpowered his wind guns are. I would like to see him forced to use swordsmanship due to a normal gun problem occurring jams out of ammo, ectera. So I'm hoping the story atleast gives us another glimpse of that since in the WN he is getting good with the sword training.

Last edited:
Contributor
Allen now has backing from a high place. Political favor acquired. Well, not including the hand of Anastasia in marriage, but that's a start.

Her dad the duke is sharp. He noticed his daughter falling for Allen already. I guess I could give him a pass for thinking Allen was after his daughter (while he does seem to have feelings for her, I still think saving his mother is still his paramount objective; he readily left Anna behind after all). Logically speaking, Allen's actions would seem to be romantically motivated (risking your life for a girl's honor does carry that weight to it) rather than driven by the seemingly unrelated desire to protect his mother.

I have this feeling her dad isn't completely opposed to her budding feelings for Allen. While he's keenly aware of the political benefits that her marrying the prince carries, on the other hand he did also call the prince stupid, so maybe it might not be impossible for him to allow his daughter to break the engagement should she want to, if it isn't already broken from the dumb prince's side.

I wonder if the woman behind Anna on pages 25-26 is her mother, the duchess. That would be my guess. They could've at least introduced her, I just don't like seeing seemingly notable characters remain unnamed. I still remember that unnamed cute teacher of his who we'll probably never see again.

Dex-chan lover
Ana's faces when she's embarassed are great! She has incredible character design

Double-page supporter
I know he's probably just wearing white or pale coloered pants, but the way it's drawn makes it look like the Duke isn't wearing pants at all, and that makes me laugh

Power Uploader
It took 24 chapters lmfao. This should have been wrapped up by the 15th chapter. We instead had to sit through pages and pages of bullshit.

The author might as well have taken a month long break saying "We have ran out of ideas. We will take a break" instead of pumping out ridiculous chapters where MC goes on doing dumb shit.

Dex-chan lover
This seems to be a commonality among series that have this premise. Again Mobsuka is what I consider to be the gold standard for a series like this, though “The Villainess’ Butler: Death Flag Breaker” is also really good, though it goes for a more political thriller kind of angle.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mobuseka was the first big "mob saves villainess" series right? I was reading that back in 2018, it's been going for a long while. christ, I think I started reading that one back on MANGAROCK. that's how long it's been

Users who are viewing this thread