Chounin A wa Akuyaku Reijou wo Doushitemo Sukuitai - Vol. 6 Ch. 27 - Prophecy and Blessing

The situation being? In terms which tie it to him having to reveal his secrets, please.
I won't repeat myself.
But anyway, are you gonna completely dismiss the concept of signs having broad interpretations? As in, if it is a societal sign/gesture, there must be only a single correct interpretation of it?
Yeah. Especially when it's been explained, in plain text, as if we're five years old.
Whatever this sign ultimately meant, it led to no changes in her treatment of him, no other actions or concessions on her part.
I don't know why you say that like there was some ambiguity about the meaning here. And the gesture isn't a level up screen: Allen doesn't get to sit down now and select a new perk now that she's declared him hers.

Dex-chan lover
I won't repeat myself.
You haven't said it in the first place. Unless you mean that him being her "knight" should naturally imply that he has to cede everything, including his personal matters. Which is not something that was asked of him as a part of his pledge, not something he promised, and not something that was a part of knightly duties historically.
I don't know why you say that like there was some ambiguity about the meaning here.
There is some about the outcome of the gesture. Does him accepting the napkin mean he also agrees to adhere to some sort of "knightly" code, morally if not legally, or does this only mean his explicit confirmation that he intends on protecting her the way he's been doing already?
And the gesture isn't a level up screen: Allen doesn't get to sit down now and select a new perk now that she's declared him hers.
I mean, it would've been nice if it had come with some perks at least, given that so far there's only been stipulations.

There is some about the outcome of the gesture. Does him accepting the napkin mean he also agrees to adhere to some sort of "knightly" code, morally if not legally, or does this only mean his explicit confirmation that he intends on protecting her the way he's been doing already?
Her: "Everyone, he's mine. I'm giving him the handkerchief now to make it official!"
Him: Takes the handkerchief
Everyone: "Holy shit, he agreed!"

I know social dynamics can be hard, but even an autist like me is following along here.

I mean, it would've been nice if it had come with some perks at least, given that so far there's only been stipulations.
Dude already gets to break every last social convention when they're alone. I'm sure she'd let, nay, ask, him to call her Ana in public if they didn't have appearances to keep up. Plus she's already made it clear she's possessive of him. In public. What more do you want? A kiss? They'd basically be going out after that gesture if they had the same status.

Last edited:
Supporter
iirc the prince still send the villainess away to the enemy kingdom so MC goes to rescue her
Yep. That’s certainly gonna be frustrating to read And I might Need to take a few months off to binge my way through it once it’s over

Dex-chan lover
True do love that the countries here are called central, west, south, east, and north
Central. East. South. West. North. Long ago the five nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the _______ empire attacked. Only the MC, Master of density could stop them, but when the female lead needed him most, he vanished(into a black hole because of a misunderstanding). A while passed and princesses of multiple nations discovered the new MC, a dense magic glider inventor. And although his rizz skills are great, he has a lot to learn about obvious signs the female leads are into him. But I believe even the most dense person can see the obvious eventually.

I read too many series and honestly I have forgotten all the names and half of the plot details(I could've done a better job if I remembered them). But your comment made me think of the very basic naming sense of another series nations.

Dex-chan lover
Central. East. South. West. North. Long ago the five nations lived together in harmony. Then, everything changed when the _______ empire attacked. Only the MC, Master of density could stop them, but when the female lead needed him most, he vanished(into a black hole because of a misunderstanding). A while passed and princesses of multiple nations discovered the new MC, a dense magic glider inventor. And although his rizz skills are great, he has a lot to learn about obvious signs the female leads are into him. But I believe even the most dense person can see the obvious eventually.

I read too many series and honestly I have forgotten all the names and half of the plot details(I could've done a better job if I remembered them). But your comment made me think of the very basic naming sense of another series nations.
Yeah. Mostly names are of places are pretty basic and are usually based on geographic features.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone, he's mine
Mine to what extent? His promise to protect her, possibly staking his own life if situation calls for it, sounds like a big enough thing already. Enough to warrant "holy shit" from the audience at least.
Dude already gets to break every last social convention when they're alone.
Such as? What I see is that he gets to act as subservient as when they are in public, besides the bit where he gets to call her differently. As it stands, she's not made it clear what social conventions he's allowed to break, and so he doesn't even try.
They'd basically be going out after that gesture if they had the same status.
Their difference in status turns this situation from "basically going out" to "have to watch her get married off to some royal, and must not act up". Which is something Allen agreed to, yes, but it is on Ana to either stop leading him on and make it clear that that is not gonna be the case, or make sure that he gets something out of this arrangement.

Mine to what extent?
Clearly as close to romantically as you can get without declaring an official relationship, since she has to go out of her way to sew the crest on, and then give it to a knight, who's basically already property of the family.
Such as? What I see is that he gets to act as subservient as when they are in public, besides the bit where he gets to call her differently. As it stands, she's not made it clear what social conventions he's allowed to break, and so he doesn't even try.
The dude already spends time with her in private, gets call her by a nickname, they're already making physical contact with each other, and hell, and unless there was a translation issue in the p.27, he even gets to bend the rules a bit when it comes by using said nickname in public.

Seriously, what do you expect the relationship to be when they specifically can't be an item? He's pledged his life to her before she even knew he existed, and she's declared him hers in public.
Their difference in status turns this situation from "basically going out" to "have to watch her get married off to some royal, and must not act up". Which is something Allen agreed to, yes, but it is on Ana to either stop leading him on and make it clear that that is not gonna be the case, or make sure that he gets something out of this arrangement.
What do you mean "leading him on"? Brother, the very last page makes it clear the nature of the relationship, and how both parties are, and should continue to, take steps to not hurt each other, despite the obvious mutual attraction.

Dex-chan lover
This. Anastasia is literally a 12/10 waifu. I don't see why you would look for more if you already have her.
Indeed. At first I came for her thiccness, now I stay for her character development.

And the best part is, Allen is not really fixing her. SHE is fixing herself, with a little help from him. What a girl! (y)

Supporter
After page 20, I imagine the existence of a "World Between Worlds," a neutral ground that isekai protagonists such as Allen and Aesir can go for a moment of relaxation by recounting to each other all of the pain in the ass things they've gotten themselves involved with.

And they can ask for assistance? A Hero Union BBS of some sort? :D
1fb23c3d-5fd3-441f-a2e7-bcadc0777199.jpg

Power Uploader
See, this is much more entertaining than the boring fucking Solo Leveling style dungeon farming he was doing back in the early chapters. Wasted so much of the readers' time. Had I not read the manga while all 27 were available, I would've hundred percent dropped this shit.

Also, I did not realize this manga grew in popularity so much wtf. I was just reading chapters as I go. This was uploaded 2 days ago and it has 173 comments. It also has an 8.44 rating fucking hell

Dex-chan lover
Clearly as close to romantically as you can get without declaring an official relationship
They are not lovers. Allen, for one, still has misconceptions about the extent of her affection, judging by ch.27 p.10. He is a valued and trusted asset, he knows that much, and he might suspect there is a degree of affection from Ana, but the "romantically" part is not as "clearly" telegraphed by Ana, and is a moot point anyway, given
the nature of the relationship

who's basically already property of the family.
"Basically" does a lot of heavy lifting here. The Duke says that he can refer Allen to another employer if he so desires, implying he is not under serfdom or anything like that, and so Allen is a free man in an economic system not dissimilar to the contemporary job market. Whatever allegiances he has to the family, it is by his own will that he's their employee.
Actually, the "property" part is really fucking uncomfortable, and is the issue I have with Ana's attitude towards Allen, if that is indeed the cause of her treatment of him.
The dude already spends time with her in private
In the same way you would with your trusted servant. So far, every instance of them being together in private shown in the manga has been about her requiring his assistance in one way or another.
gets call her by a nickname, they're already making physical contact with each other, and hell, and unless there was a translation issue in the p.27, he even gets to bend the rules a bit when it comes by using said nickname in public.
Sounds like a big deal alright. Ana's been the one to make physical contact in form of an occasional shoulder pat or oh-so-appropriate face grab, Allen does not dare touch her in any way unless it is purely functional, like pulling her by hand to the adventurer guild hall in this chapter, so the part where they're making physical contact is quite misleading.
Meanwhile, Allen's been showering with the adventurer guild lady
Seriously, what do you expect the relationship to be when they specifically can't be an item?
To be a relationship where she respects his privacy and boundaries?
Brother, the very last page makes it clear the nature of the relationship, and how both parties are, and should continue to, take steps to not hurt each other, despite the obvious mutual attraction.
The last page is his thought bubble about how he shouldn't get his hopes up and try pursue realtionship with her. It is the line he draws, which also coincides with the line at which he is content with being hers, that is, protect and support her from the sidelines of his own drawing.
Ana being possessive of Allen achieves the opposite of preventing them from hurting one another, and, if she accepts the current status quo of Allen not being allowed to enter a relationship with her, is what I call "leading him on".

They are not lovers.
"Basically" does a lot of heavy lifting here. The Duke says that he can refer Allen to another employer if he so desires, implying he is not under serfdom or anything like that, and so Alle
Is there some other language we can speak that you understand better? I know English, Spanish, Japanese, and I'm sure I could make Portuguese work, if I set my mind to it.

In the same way you would with your trusted servant. So far, every instance of them being together in private shown in the manga has been about her requiring his assistance in one way or another.
You know, except in chapters 25, her attempt in chapter 23, 20, if you don't mind the lone extra person in the room. Also, I didn't realize it doesn't count as "spending time together" if you're doing something for each other...
Sounds like a big deal alright. Ana's been the one to make physical contact in form of an occasional shoulder pat or oh-so-appropriate face grab, Allen does not dare touch her in any way unless it is purely functional, like pulling her by hand to the adventurer guild hall in this chapter, so the part where they're making physical contact is quite misleading.
Who would imagine that the commoner boy isn't getting handsy with the noblewoman. Do you think she'd tolerate even shoulder pats from anyone else?
Meanwhile, Allen's been showering with the adventurer guild lady
What?! An older woman showering with a child?! Why I never!
To be a relationship where she respects his privacy and boundaries?
His boundaries are "I'm yours".
Ana being possessive of Allen achieves the opposite of preventing them from hurting one another, and, if she accepts the current status quo of Allen not being allowed to enter a relationship with her, is what I call "leading him on".
iu

Dex-chan lover
Indeed. At first I came for her thiccness, now I stay for her character development.

And the best part is, Allen is not really fixing her. SHE is fixing herself, with a little help from him. What a girl! (y)
I agree, this is the highlight of the series for me, they basically have their own character development by themselves, Anna come to soften seeing that people like her friend and Allen care for her, and later she learn how to care about herself instead being serious, self sacrifice and uptight noblewoman that only care about her duty as noble.

And allen he learn about ana feeling, and come to embrace and fight for it, he initially feeling pity for her fate because of the game, in some capacity he still view her as tragic villainess of the game, but later he come to realize and notice her feeling and view her not as a game character, but as a real person and most importantly as woman that he love.

Users who are viewing this thread