Chow Time at the Ballpark - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Meiji-Jingu Stadium

Dex-chan lover
Thanks, lol other than a super comfy baseball stadium (apparently in korea you can actually grill at your seat too), i'd think most ppl would want to dress up more casual for a sports-based date even if they're not that familiar with baseball/specific sports

Dex-chan lover
Man, that ain't nothing the first professional games my ma took me to to see the redsox play the dodgers or angels in LA we sat in those seats and she would try to start fights. And Fenway is one of the oldest stadiums and still has original seats, they fucking suck to sit in lol. Food was always too expensive so we never bought it

Dex-chan lover
Ah Jingu Stadium. Never been there, never watched a baseball game held there, but I'll always remember you for that great NJPW wrestling show held there during the pandemic. 🥲

I missed Kamei, but it's nice to see Tsubame going out to watch games and eat delicious food with somebody else. I also appreciated the crash course into introducing your partner to your hobby. 🤭

Dex-chan lover
Yakult Swallows my fav baseball team. When to watch many times. So happy for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
You know, with Tsubame "only ever being in love with baseball," being refreshed by the sight of a cute girl, laughing at her brother being a virgin, and directly comparing how she should approach Kamei to how she'd approach a date, I think she might just be a lesbian who's already accepted it.

That might also explain her anxiety about asking Kamei out to another baseball date, both as worries over being accepted (though she hasn't even come out) and also due to her anxiety as just a baseball fan.

Also, her brother thinking she's in relationship with a guy when it's actually a woman is great. Granted, I am the type of person who enjoys the "friends think it's them being influenced by someone they view as a threat when it's actually a gay crush," type of misunderstanding. (i.e. thinking they're getting bullied when its a crush, thinking its them getting a boyfriend when they're actually being influenced by another woman)

The author and artist of this series is also the artist for Girl Meets Rock!, which is a series that has good LGBTQ+ rep, with one canon lesbian (as in she directly states she was attracted to a girl), one INCREDIBLY likely lesbian (nothing this girl does can be taken as straight), one likely lesbian (holds admiration for another girl that just so happens to put her in the same exact dynamic as the lesbian and her former crush), and an ace character (she talks about how she's never held romantic feelings for another and is frustrated that other people can't accept that).

One last thing: both Tsubame AND Kamei have gay little fangs. Very important.

Group Leader
You know, with Tsubame "only ever being in love with baseball," being refreshed by the sight of a cute girl, laughing at her brother being a virgin, and directly comparing how she should approach Kamei to how she'd approach a date, I think she might just be a lesbian who's already accepted it.

That might also explain her anxiety about asking Kamei out to another baseball date, both as worries over being accepted (though she hasn't even come out) and also due to her anxiety as just a baseball fan.

Also, her brother thinking she's in relationship with a guy when it's actually a woman is great. Granted, I am the type of person who enjoys the "friends think it's them being influenced by someone they view as a threat when it's actually a gay crush," type of misunderstanding. (i.e. thinking they're getting bullied when its a crush, thinking its them getting a boyfriend when they're actually being influenced by another woman)

The author and artist of this series is also the artist for Girl Meets Rock!, which is a series that has good LGBTQ+ rep, with one canon lesbian (as in she directly states she was attracted to a girl), one INCREDIBLY likely lesbian (nothing this girl does can be taken as straight), one likely lesbian (holds admiration for another girl that just so happens to put her in the same exact dynamic as the lesbian and her former crush), and an ace character (she talks about how she's never held romantic feelings for another and is frustrated that other people can't accept that).

One last thing: both Tsubame AND Kamei have gay little fangs. Very important.
thank you for appreciating the importance of gay fangs. so often does this go unnoticed.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Ideuchi Tetsuo (the mangaka) definitely is a yuri enjoyer, so I'm glad they're getting some mainstream exposure now with Girl Meets Rock (which I am also a huge fan of). Chow Time is a passion project of mine, so it's cool seeing that kind of success happening for them in the Anglosphere

Users who are viewing this thread