Citrus

This goes so over the top with the drama midway I started thinking it's a satire and just began laughing at it.

I found this because on my usual website 36 had not been uploaded. if this ends up sad and making me want to kill myself that just adds to the many sad and upsetting anime/manga I've been through the past week. I have also learned my least favorite trait in a character is giving up their own feelings for those of others.

Is it certain that 36 wasn't the last chapter? Because holy shit that chapter made me wanna die.

Just hoping that chapter 36 is a giant what-if, because otherwise, that's a really cheap, fucking cop-out ending. There's no indication it IS the end on the manga's Wikipedia page, though.

You know, I’m really torn about this manga. I think the story is really good and it’s taken a few twists and turns... however, this ending doesn’t feel right to me. Instead it feels extremely rushed.. like they are just trying to get it over with or something. There are so many things that have played out and up to chapter 39 it felt like it was all coming in a fair amount of time. Once ch39 hit it felt like everything kind of exploded and now they are just trying to fit as much as they can into the last few chapters. It doesn’t make any sense to me with how the rest of the story is played out... now that there’s only one chapter left it’s almost kind of obvious how it it will end.. makes me sad and I almost want to put a lower rating because of it.. wont do that though cause it hurts me even to say that lmao. Anyway, I still think it was a great manga, I just hate how they are rushing to end it. ?

Contributor
Wrote a review on this, here it is:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2016/02/17/citrus/

I have opinions about this series. To call this a review is a little misleading, this is basically a formal examination of Citrus. 3000+ words on what I think of Citrus and why I think it. There's a lot of swirling opinions on this series, here's how I weigh in on it. Or WEIGHED. I was hopeful that it would remain as great as it was at the time I wrote it and, to be fair it mostly did. BUT, the LAST ARC? FUCK it.

It'll probably have a good ending. I barely care anymore. Saburouta really screwed up with the final developments. It was fun for the most part, but like I always say: a really bad ending will just leave a bad aftertaste, which is a shame. And man, it's BAD.

Contributor
Average story, was better at the beginning but it lose its own charm toward the end. Not really impressed overall. 6/10

I stopped reading at chapter 20-something when they started dating. Just read the end, but I presume a lot of stupid stuff happened in between. Should I read it or nah?

Users who are viewing this thread