Class ga Isekai Shoukan sareta Naka Ore dake Nokotta n desu ga - Vol. 2 Ch. 9

Aggregator gang
@seekermoc I think it's probably the best translation given the situation, as, while he isn't a true step sibling by marriage, her parents seem to have been on good terms with his parents before they died (irregardless of actual blood relations or lack there of), and while saying foster sibling would be technically more correct, it implies a less intimate relationship given the nature and general image of most foster care systems...especially the American one...

@seekermoc @InsaneInsomniac

They probably adopted him and are his full legal guardians, that would make him a step child/sibling.

Foster child would not be correct, if the adopted him, because adopting and foster care are not the same thing. A foster child is a child raised by an appointed person who is not their natural or adoptive parent; i.e. they are appointed and don't have complete guardianship of the child.

Aggregator gang
@ Vigo_to_Vigo
in my post I was pointing out to seeker that while calling them foster sibling might be more technically correct, based on what has been revealed thus far, it comes across with the wrong impressions, and as far as adoption goes, I haven't seen any proof they DID legally adopt him...sure they took him in when he was little, but he's not living with them anymore, it isn't stated if they are supporting him or not (but given his job using his powers for the gov, I'm guessing not), and anything else beyond that hasn't been stated yet
now I'll admit I'm not familiar with Japanese adoption laws or customs, but the "my parents died when I was young so their friends took me in but now I'm living on my own via jobs/inheritance and their kid who happens to be of the opposite gender, happens to be about the same age, is good looking, and kinda seems to like me keeps poking in on me uninvited" thing is a cliche used in way too many series, and, as such, tends to be my default assumption with a situation like this unless proven otherwise

I really rather he get with his sister, I don't like the other girl. Her character type is the type I hate the most.

Group Leader
I was wondering how long it would take to start emphasizing "WE'RE NOT RELATED BY BLOOD"

Although it's some what undercut when she then mentions that her parents are his relatives...so they actually are.

But, hey, cousins get married in Japan all the time.

Dex-chan lover
imouto's property only 🤣
0YAjpBq.png

Dex-chan lover
so, being blood relatives somehow makes you step siblings in Japan or just mistranslation? Either way step sibling is children who've become family through their parents getting remarried to a person who has kids as well. Then those kids are your step siblings.

Double-page supporter
Step siblings huh.... now that just creates more room (⪰ಎ⪯)

Fed-Kun's army
"Step sister". Fucking cop out. They look so much alike, its gotta be bullshit. Or in the very least they are cousins. She said her parents were his relatives.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
Harem flag raised! The outnumbered MC is now even more doomed since the stepsister and classmate have ceased hostile actions and have joined forces! Guy really should read a few books on girls' feelings.

Users who are viewing this thread