Class no Daikirai na Joshi to Kekkon Suru Koto ni Natta - Vol. 3 Ch. 12.1

Dex-chan lover
Oh no, not the "Girl from the past whom I never recognised until just now" trope...
Funny how we have never heard of this girl up until this point. Like the author felt they needed a convenient way for the MC to fall for his wife instead of writing it naturally.

Also on a side note: rare steak is not raw... It's delicious!

Dex-chan lover
I was thinking the other day it'd be nice to get notifications when these are up on their (platinums) site and now it looks like they'll be going back to mangadex, thanks!

Supporter
Funny how we have never heard of this girl up until this point. Like the author felt they needed a convenient way for the MC to fall for his wife instead of writing it naturally.
Yeah, waiting until chapter 12 to throw in two panels of "oh btw" in is really strange. I feel that it's also a detriment because now it removes "coming to their own conclusions" as a stand alone point, because now the end will have to 1) be tied to this "new" encounter from the past or 2) completely disregard it and thus leave it as entirely unanswered plot point.

Oh no, not the "Girl from the past whom I never recognised until just now" trope...
I mean, it's a romcom in the format of a regular comic strip. They all have these types of tropes.

Frankly I'm glad it's this one and not something more cliche or boring. It also makes thematic sense. In all arranged marriages, elders select their kids' spouses they see as compatible. We were lead to assume they meant this decision was made recently, but it's old.

You think you'd recognize childhood friends after 10 years from a party? Maybe, but it's not nearly as absurd as other tropes.

This manga's got depth to it! I'd only be upset if they never picked it back up again.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, it's a romcom in the format of a regular comic strip. They all have these types of tropes.

Frankly I'm glad it's this one and not something more cliche or boring. It also makes thematic sense. In all arranged marriages, elders select their kids' spouses they see as compatible. We were lead to assume they meant this decision was made recently, but it's old.

You think you'd recognize childhood friends after 10 years from a party? Maybe, but it's not nearly as absurd as other tropes.

This manga's got depth to it! I'd only be upset if they never picked it back up again.
I'm torn, when I read that panel I rolled my eyes but thinking of it later I was like "Well they could have gone worse". I still think it's a cop out writing though.

Yeah, waiting until chapter 12 to throw in two panels of "oh btw" in is really strange. I feel that it's also a detriment because now it removes "coming to their own conclusions" as a stand alone point, because now the end will have to 1) be tied to this "new" encounter from the past or 2) completely disregard it and thus leave it as entirely unanswered plot point.
Yeah it's almost like to make them seem as less toxic as a couple they added in "Oh gee willikers I've got a girl I knew long ago she was so nice I miss her" for then that stupid reveal at some point "Your that girl?".

One thing I never liked in this series is Grandpa loved his grandson to bits but yet left him in an abusive home that entire time to a developmental and social development deterioration. People would be like "Well maybe he couldn't" and I'd say "Well he somehow could when MC is already 18".

Supporter
Yeah it's almost like to make them seem as less toxic as a couple they added in "Oh gee willikers I've got a girl I knew long ago she was so nice I miss her" for then that stupid reveal at some point "Your that girl?".
But even without this "revelation" introduced the author was already having them work on their relationship in a very positive way. I'd say the only benefit having this happen in chapter 12 instead of chapter 1 is that the latter would have it immediately lambasted for ripping off of Nisekoi.

Dex-chan lover
But even without this "revelation" introduced the author was already having them work on their relationship in a very positive way. I'd say the only benefit having this happen in chapter 12 instead of chapter 1 is that the latter would have it immediately lambasted for ripping off of Nisekoi.
The knowing thewinner girl from a young age is a pretty common trope in these kinds of series so while I would have called it out earlier I think it'd have been better then pulling the card now cause it feels retconny if you know what I mean?

Dex-chan lover
Glad to see all it takes to make Platinum post here instead of their garbage ass ad infested website is some rando trying their best.

I'm torn, when I read that panel I rolled my eyes but thinking of it later I was like "Well they could have gone worse". I still think it's a cop out writing though.

One thing I never liked in this series is Grandpa loved his grandson to bits but yet left him in an abusive home that entire time to a developmental and social development deterioration. People would be like "Well maybe he couldn't" and I'd say "Well he somehow could when MC is already 18".
Yeah. That's the issue is that it was kinda thrown in there. They could have at least addressed this more candidly than it being thrown in. But otherwise "meh" for me.

I think that one chapter when he woke up after saving her would have been the perfect time, as he would have dreamt about the party, then wake up to her. That would have made it more impactful and less cliche.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
She looked better with long hair.

But even without this "revelation" introduced the author was already having them work on their relationship in a very positive way.
We already knew she was going to win, so there's no need to rub it in like this. It's just ticking off a box at this point, and adds just as much of value. Well, it can't be worse than 5toubun.

Dex-chan lover
At worst they're going to introduce several other love interests that will never get even a shred of screentime (e.g. Marika Tachibana from Nisekoi). It's bad writing tho.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh yeah, she's definitely not sitting right before you right now. I don't appreciate using previous, forgotten meetings as an excuse for plot progression, I feel like it's really cheap. And adding multiple love interests just for some generic drama? No, thank you, I'd prefer a shorter manga than some "who do I choose" bullshit, because let's all be frank, we all know who is going to be the one to end up with him.

Dex-chan lover
Now I’m glad that she’s being honest about her feelings, but poor Saito he’s expecting an extravagant dinner tomorrow…. He’s going to be very disappointed, oh and that girl in his flashback is obviously his wife, I mean come on his grandpa and her grandma have been planning this for who knows how long, you’d have to be a fool to believe they wouldn’t try setting them up when they’re kids.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, it's an overused troupe but at least the "destiny" have name this time (I mean, probably their arranged this marriage because they are a couple of creeps and know about the past meeting and about their relationship in the school)

Users who are viewing this thread