Classroom of the Elite - Vol. 7 Ch. 31 - Room 31

Dex-chan lover
Overlooking Ayanokouji... what a fool.
Although I suppose thats what Ayanokouji and Suzune were aiming for

Double-page supporter
Don’t they have in japan some privacy, are people going outside and take photos of random strangers without their permission? Won’t she just report this act and make them have some kind of penalty? Maybe it’s only in my country.

Dex-chan lover
@Raydnt @12Davi7
I think he already have the assumption that Ayanokoji is the one. Remember at the end of the trial arc, he shows up to reveal Ayanokoji's plan. He purposely insulting Ayanokoji to see how he will react, unfortunately for him our mc knows better how to not act.

Fed-Kun's army
I really forget the timeline of this arc, still can't wait until the best girl "appears."
@HayashidaYuki
IIRC at current time, he isn't.
Only after in later arc, when he thinks it's him but it's too late to realize he's not someone you should mess with.

Dex-chan lover
@siscon ah I see. Tbh it's quite a big clue when Horikita said he's her only acquaintance and strong. I think it's the writer flaw a character like him can't figure it out that much. Too lazy to catch up with the novel.

Fed-Kun's army
@HayashidaYuki
I don't know whether the manga explains it well or not (or maybe it should be explained later?), but the LN (implicitly?) tells why he overlooks him. Basically
he doesn't think he's able to pull that (his school rating is average) when there are people who are much stronger in class D than him, plus his aide (the girl) thinks he's kind and no way he's the mastermind. I forgot whether Horikita said Kiyotaka is strong or not at this moment in LN though.

In the previous of that later arc, after certain school event, he will realize that Kiyotaka is strong and starting to realize that he's the mastermind.

Dex-chan lover
@siscon even without this chapter, the trial arc should give some hint. I know technically Horikita is the one who tell him to do it, but that role can't be just given to anyone. Even after everyone else given up already, he's already preparing for it and starting to push Horikita to the plan. He can concluded what happened so quickly, the three boys should've told him that they encounter Kiyokita(+Ichinose) there, and figured out that Kiyokita at least have a big part there(he already knows Horikita is the Honest type as in she think herself as the better person, and won't think such underhanded plan unless pushed into it. Ichinose is just straight up a Honor student).

Idk how trustworthy Ibuki is, but since putting her there is basically turned back on them, shouldn't he consider even the mastermind deceived her?

Idk man, maybe I just thinking too much about this, but I thought he'd be an interesting character and expected he wasn't that stupid when all the clue just thrown around(since you said he only figured it out later, I guess Kiyokata will outsmarts him at least 1/2 more arcs until he realises it).

Fed-Kun's army
@HayashidaYuki
That's because we know how competent Kiyotaka is. If we don't know about that, we'd just see him as a weird clown boy that somehow gets along with Horikita and Ichinose. Hence why I think the manga adaptation portrays the MC better than the anime adaptation, since the anime adaptation made him emotionless despite he isn't. If Ryuuen doesn't suspect anime!Kiyotaka the most with this setting, then he's dumb. But it's kinda understandable if it's with manga/LN!Kiyotaka.

Beside, well, it's my mistake but
Kiyotaka is in his suspicion lists, but it's the least priority. And rather than because Ryuuen thinks he's able to do that, it's more like because he's befriend with Horikita. The most priorities are
the popular guy and the macho blond guy IIRC, I'm sure about the latter though.

Ryuuen is for sure
overconfident and tends to overlook someone because he thinks he could defeat them. The next antagonist is more calculating and evil than him, and you might like it.

Well if you want to read the LN, just starts with vol 4 (this arc is vol 4), since the anime ends with vol 3. Don't be surprised with how the MC is different compared to the anime version though.

Dex-chan lover
@siscon ah well, this conversation really drops my expectation for him. I used to think he was 7/10 villain, despite always losing to Kiyotaka, he played it nicely. Only losses because he was againts the unexpected Kiyotaka. Now I guess he drops to 4/10.

Also I've never watched the anime. I only heard that he was a dead-fish eyed MC, but never seen him like that here. I've only read the novel to the vol 2 end, but man, reading novels are really tiring. (I don't really like to skip them)

Fed-Kun's army
@HayashidaYuki
I could type him wrong because it's long ago, but well, yeah he's not really a good villain, I agree with that. His trick method is simple, and loves using brute-forces. His co-operator who is
the backstabber of class D
is a bit better, I don't know you'll like them or not though.

I heard lots of people saying that vol 1 to 3 are baiting people into reading his story since it's kinda similar to 8man story, but the real story actually starts from this arc but idk. Probably they're biased with the fact that the true heroine is introduced from this arc.

Dex-chan lover
@siscon I think I know who
the traitor
is. But I guess it's a bit out of topic to talk about
her
here.

Well, time to continue the novel from where I left off, I think? Not to mention there are also side story for every volume *sigh*

Fed-Kun's army
@HayashidaYuki
Yeah, it's
her.
Anyway, I just checked the LN again.
he's her only acquaintance and strong.
Which chapter is this? Because she downplayed his role as well in LN in this chapter.

You can skip side-story for most parts, just read any characters' side stories you like tbh.
Karuizawa
SS is a must though since it's kinda relevant to the subplot romance in this series.

"It doesn't seem he's hiding something great"
Ayanokoji*seeping coffee*
Ayanokoji: Hold my coffee

Users who are viewing this thread