Claymore

If you log into their site you can read it all for free at viz https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/claymore

Fed-Kun's army
Too bad that the manga didn't stay the same as the first half, but I guess it is an alright read if you don't expect much from it, otherwise ( like me ) you will be disappointed.
First half - 8/10;
Second half - 3/10;
Overall - 5.5/10.

Dex-chan lover
@Potestas

I don't know if it changed, but that's not currently true. You have to subscribe to read anything other than the first 3 chapters.

This one took an extreme nosedive in terms of plot cohesion and overall quality (not talking about the art, but the story) the further we got into it. If you're someone who's just starting to read it then it's better not to expect the later chapters to be even remotely good compared to initial chapters. It's a classic case of a decent premise and interesting start becoming a dull quagmire of a climax and a final flaccid landing.

Supporter
Liked it as long as monsters remained reasonably sized and powerful and that the series focuses on the inner struggle of the main character and her relationships, dropped it as soon as it entered the realm of the ridiculous shonen crap with ridiculously big and god-like adversaries, as well as adding scores of uni-dimensional characters.

Last edited:
I'm almost finishing the manga (almost chapter 140 I think) and this became such a huge mess! It's a nice story but the heart of the manga is Clare and Raki, which don't even show up for almost half of the manga.

Who cares about all the other 10 thousand warriors that either look exactly the same or changes shape. I love action and battles but this got too much too quickly, while ignoring the characters we care about. I'm always seeing names that I thought died 50 chapters in the past showing up again, the abyssal battle is a crazy mess, I have no idea who's battling who anymore since they are even multiplying in others monsters now. Right now they are fighting a random ball that shouldn't even be the powerful monster while the powerful monsters are just hanging. And Clare and Raki disappeared after they finally met again for 1 page long. Fuck off with that woman with the X scar on her face, fucking egocentric snowflake. Died 5 times already while "trying to save everybody" and instead got hundreads killed by being so useless alone.

That priscilla died 10 times and came back, now she's fighting what clearly looks like riful but riful died 60 chapters before LOL what a mess. Still a good manga tho, just too many rando's. It's like berserk being focused on all the guys in that current ship.

Users who are viewing this thread