Clevatess - Majuu no Ou to Akago to Shikabane no Yuusha - Vol. 3 Ch. 15 - Battle on ice

Dex-chan lover
We are so back!

cr1tikal-penguinz0.gif

Dex-chan lover
We are so back!

cr1tikal-penguinz0.gif
👆 THIS.

If I were a human in that world I have no doubt I would think exactly like Dorel, so I can't exactly disagree with his feelings, but killing your friend because you think they are obsolete, enlisting sadistic bastards, overall disregarding people's safety and independence, and using powers that will much probably cause even more problems down the road... is pretty fucked up.

Cleavatess clearly doesn't think much of humanity, i don't like that either, but... at least he is up to letting people live their lives if they don't cause trouble.

It was the "heroes" that attacked first, and you can't even say he did anything in the past because if he did what he did in the past things would be very different in the nations.

I am really curious where this will go... obviously what Dorel is doing here will seal most of Cleavates's power, so at least that I can say with confidence, then we kinda have from there the great obstacle for them to raise Luna, because if not... Cleavates can literally end any situation by himself.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I cant even remember what was this about…

One of the countries send in heroes to try and kill title char.
Which ironically aggro an otherwise chillin monster and he came to wonder 'will all these fuckers gonna keep trying to kill me? if so I'm just going to kill them all first'
But with the dying words of a woman, he decide 'very well, I'll raise this baby and see it's in nature of hominid to become hostile to me, or is it just some of them being shitty and extermination is overdoing it'

Then he realized 'ok, turns out babies don't become adult in one night, and I don't know how to raise one'
So he went and resurrect/zombified the only attacking hero that left an impression on him, the eyepatch woman.

The other woman is the 'wet nurse' they found to feed the baby.

As the journey went on more stuffs get revealed, like the idea that maybe the hominids (well, at least dorel's country) are using baby monsters to experiment some nasty stuff.

tl;dr endgame boss got aggro'd and was about to go full exterminator mode until someone told it 'I challenge you to raise this baby, it'll change your mind'

Dex-chan lover
One of the countries send in heroes to try and kill title char.
Which ironically aggro an otherwise chillin monster and he came to wonder 'will all these fuckers gonna keep trying to kill me? if so I'm just going to kill them all first'
But with the dying words of a woman, he decide 'very well, I'll raise this baby and see it's in nature of hominid to become hostile to me, or is it just some of them being shitty and extermination is overdoing it'

Then he realized 'ok, turns out babies don't become adult in one night, and I don't know how to raise one'
So he went and resurrect/zombified the only attacking hero that left an impression on him, the eyepatch woman.

The other woman is the 'wet nurse' they found to feed the baby.

As the journey went on more stuffs get revealed, like the idea that maybe the hominids (well, at least dorel's country) are using baby monsters to experiment some nasty stuff.

tl;dr endgame boss got aggro'd and was about to go full exterminator mode until someone told it 'I challenge you to raise this baby, it'll change your mind'
That's a realy great condensed of the story.

Dex-chan lover
I forgot how good this story was. It's no Dungeon Meshi, One Punch Man, BokuYaba or Frieren, but it's absolutely solid. Good art, good world building, and on and on.
It's one of a handful of stories around here that I'm genuinely on the edge of my seat to get updates for.

The author also wrote Darker Than Black - the anime for that was fantastic, IMO (I didn't know it started as a manga until I looked at the profile for Clevatess' author, and I need to read it). Personally, I think Clevatess is going to be as good as Dungeon Meshi by the end. Dungeon Meshi also had a very "well above average, but not exceptional" start, and then progressed into "genuinely excellent."

Dex-chan lover
👆 THIS.

If I were a human in that world I have no doubt I would think exactly like Dorel, so I can exactly disagree with his feelings, but killing your friend because you think they are obsolete, enlisting sadistic bastards, overall disregarding people's safety and independence, and using powers that will much probably cause even more problems down the road.

Cleavatess clearly doesn't think much of humanity, i don't like that either, but... at least he is up to letting people live their lives if they don't cause trouble.

It was the "heroes" that attacked first, and you can't even say he did anything in the past because if he did what he did in the past things would be very different in the nations.

I am really curious where this will go... obviously what Dorel is doing here will seal most of Cleavates's power, so at least that I can say with confidence, then we kinda have from there the great obstacle for them to raise Luna, because if not... Cleavates can literally end any situation by himself.
Oh aye. The plot looks like it might move more in a direction from "living amongst humans in disguise, and trying to understand them from an outsider's perspective," to "being trapped in the body of a human and having to live as a human." In a sense, that would be a reversion to infancy for Clevatess, since he'd be utterly helpless and reliant on Alicia and Nellie, and it would neatly parallell the condition of the young prince.

I suspect the seal will somehow be incomplete, both on the basis that magic is poorly understood, and also because Clevatess will need some way of extricating himself from this situation - though he could try to sneak off the battlefield in his human form. Besides that, Alicia survives because of his power, and if the blood in her loses its power, she's dead. Of course, I could always be wrong, and that's what's fun about this sort of speculation.

Frankly, this is such refreshing fantasy, especially in the manga space.

Dex-chan lover
Oh aye. The plot looks like it might move more in a direction from "living amongst humans in disguise, and trying to understand them from an outsider's perspective," to "being trapped in the body of a human and having to live as a human." In a sense, that would be a reversion to infancy for Clevatess, since he'd be utterly helpless and reliant on Alicia and Nellie, and it would neatly parallell the condition of the young prince.

I suspect the seal will somehow be incomplete, both on the basis that magic is poorly understood, and also because Clevatess will need some way of extricating himself from this situation - though he could try to sneak off the battlefield in his human form. Besides that, Alicia survives because of his power, and if the blood in her loses its power, she's dead. Of course, I could always be wrong, and that's what's fun about this sort of speculation.

Frankly, this is such refreshing fantasy, especially in the manga space.
Exactly.

I think he will still be able to keep Alicia and Nellie alive, on the ground that they already have the magic in effect, and maybe even still be able to heal or empower them but not on the same level anymore.

It is high the chance that they are the last two people he will be able to reanimate until he breaks the seal.

We saw a few chapters ago that he doesn't have good physical strength in a human body, maybe because he never felt the need for such a body he doesn't know how to use his power with it.

But Cleavates still has a keen mind for magic, I think after this seal is made he will need to use human sorcery to keep up with things.

It will make an interesting obstacle for them, now instead of having one of the apex life forms (as far as we know) of this world at the top of their power to deal with things, they will now have only the bare minimum with a few aces and need to adapt and evolve.

I like that.

Thank you, this is so cool, I need more! Sadly I can't find an official English version, probably doesn't exist. I would buy it in a heartbeat and that doesn't happen often to me :)

Users who are viewing this thread