Clicking "Forums" on main site (or canary for now) shouldn't open a new tab.

Power Uploader
Because when you click "Home" on forums, it didn't open a new tab. This makes these 2 sites feels connected.

Upvote 7
Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
Agreed, single tab experience is gud.

Dex-chan lover
It may be my browser settings but when I click on Home and the Mangadex icon the link sends me to the main site.
Then when I'm at the main site the only way to get back to the forums is to back click through any pages I opened there till I'm back in the forums, or I have to open a second tab with the forums open on it again so I can navigate between the two sites without back clicking. So I guess I'm kinda in the two tabs is better camp.

Perhaps we should have a link in the sidebar of the main site in the Communities category that opens Forums in a second tab so if you click it you can venture into the Forums without having to abandon the mangas you intended to read/browse at the same time. And in the forums screen leave the Mangadex logo as a link to the main site and change the Home link in the sidebar to a link to the forum's main page. The link to the main page may open a second tab or I guess it wouldn't hurt if it still just navigated directly to the main site and the Forums link in the Communities Category created the new tab to forums when clicked there. :unsure:

Power Uploader
It may be my browser settings but when I click on Home and the Mangadex icon the link sends me to the main site.
Then when I'm at the main site the only way to get back to the forums is to back click through any pages I opened there till I'm back in the forums, or I have to open a second tab with the forums open on it again so I can navigate between the two sites without back clicking. So I guess I'm kinda in the two tabs is better camp.
The main site (as in mangadex.org) is yet to implement "Forums", hence the "Forums" button is missing. It's only available on canary (or sandbox for .dev forums if you care) rn, hence the title.

Users who are viewing this thread