Coffee Moon - Vol. 5 Ch. 24 - I'm going to give it my all

Group Leader
One more thing I forgot to mention: We're putting in notes about certain things to let you understand the story better, similar to the Oshi no Ko scanlators and their behind-the-scenes notes of the showbiz.

We hope you enjoyed reading the chapter and learned a thing or two along the way!

Dex-chan lover
Scholar B is correct only if there are 2 possible answers. If there are 3 possible answers, then there'd be a 70% chance the correct answer is one of the remaining 2 answers, and with a 50% chance of guessing correctly, you'd end up with only a 35% success rate. Naturally, the more possible answers there are, the lower your success rate with scholar B.

Scholar B is correct only if there are 2 possible answers. If there are 3 possible answers, then there'd be a 70% chance the correct answer is one of the remaining 2 answers, and with a 50% chance of guessing correctly, you'd end up with only a 35% success rate. Naturally, the more possible answers there are, the lower your success rate with scholar B.
Yeah, it's less of a logic puzzle and more of a riddle, really. I figure it's gotta be hard if you're an author to come up with something like this that is both not immediately obvious and yet still sensible.

In real life, you just ask the guy that gets it right most of the time because he can probably explain WHY he's right and that's more useful than just having the right answer. But the answer being yes/no and the answer being more important than the logic behind it both match up pretty well with my knowledge of the Japanese education and testing systems.

Users who are viewing this thread