Coffee & Vanilla

The plot is kinda flat. In a way, a typical prince charming-like male lead and naive/gullible female lead shoujo tbh. The art style of the artist is beautiful tho. But the story is just meh. Genuinely prefers the lead in 'Coffee & Vanilla Black', characters are way interesting compared to this.

I’ve been reading this manga for 44 chapters and I’ve noticed that for the last 10 chapters I started to question myself why I even bother with this. I think the manga had potential in the start, it just feels dragged out in the long run.

The next hot take in the spoiler tag is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt. Not exactly a spoiler, more like a small rant/review about the source of my frustration with this manga so far. I’ve been reading this for a 2 (?) years now and my experience might be a different from someone who has binged the series recently. Here we go:

The plot is flat and meh, like @erikatakeru described. I was hoping that FL would grow as a character but I’ve yet to see any progress, she is still the same as ever and it’s getting frustrating and boring. I’m slightly getting annoyed every time I see her, bc there’s nothing new when it comes to her; same reactions, naive/childish and submissive demeanor etc. ML isn’t as bad as FL for me, but he has barely changed either. It feels like their relationship has been the same since they started dating and bc of the meh plot it feels like they’ve been dating already for a year or two (probably bc I’ve been reading this so long and had some breaks with the chapter translations). The amount they’ve had sex you would think FL would stop being so. Fucking. Flustered. All. The. Time. From. The. Smallest. Things... but no. It was cute first, now it just makes my eyes roll.

All said tho, I’ll keep reading and hope that it’ll get better. Thank you for scandalating this!

Wow! I forgot about this manga even thou I have 11 volumes of this in my collection. I haven’t read this in a long time but I got so bored of it, Risa is kinda annoying lol she’s nervous, shy all the time & sometimes frustrating I couldn’t keep reading after chapter 20 something chapters 😌 still fukami is very manly I like him.

Users who are viewing this thread