Coffee wo Shizuka ni - Vol. 1 Ch. 2

Fed-Kun's army
Feel bad for this kid. He can't compete with his older brother. Always going to be the age gap and experience. At 18 years old I don't think there's much hope of him gaining much height, either. And Japs are already on the short side to begin with.
I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of disappointment in the chapters ahead.

I wonder if this is going to be more of a 'love' story, or a 'growing up' story.

Fed-Kun's army
Disappointment as an onee shota degenerate.

However looks like it could become a very good coming of age story.

Dex-chan lover
Something that makes his statement on the thickness of the bread more relatable is that, unlike in America (and I guess Europe), there isn't much uniformity in bread thickness that's mass produced. There's... a metric fuckload of different thicknesses of bread that are mass produced and available in Japan and they all have their "slice number" or whatever. Some are much, much thicker - far too thick for (slot) toasters, even.

I mean, in America, you can also get thicker bread, but it's no where near as prevalent/commonplace and isn't made to the same scale as it is in Japan. And, again, in America most bread that's mass produced and is pre-sliced is about the same thickness on average. It varies a little, but it's within 10% of each other for the most part. Not... so with Japan. Which is kinda weird when you think about it because Japan consumes no where near the same amount of pre-sliced bread as western nations.

Also, while Japan is mainly thought of as a tea-drinking nation... and it is... they also consume a lot of coffee. Much more than you'd think. And, thankfully, they don't seem to do much of the Americano shit that the Euros do where they associate American coffee with watered down espresso and regular drip-brew is rather normal there, much like as it is in America.

As far as we're also going to with breakfast related foods in Japan... from what I understand, if you're a cereal lover and like anything other than Rice Krispies or Corn Flakes... forget it. The cereal aisles in Japanese supermarkets are bleak, barren and depressing sights to see.

Dex-chan lover
Im sorry what does cleaning your shoes have to do with love, isnt cleaning your shoes just a normal thing to do regardless of love :question:

Users who are viewing this thread