Cold Game

I find a gem, i will always waiting for this update traumerei.
You guys have a good sense of manga

Dex-chan lover
it's very good i'm so happy that i found this, but now i find that the updates is going to take a lot of time... NOW I'M SAD and MAD that i have to wait a damn lot of time, Why (╯°口°)╯(┴—┴

This is something you read when you're bored and have nothing else to read, it's okay-ish. The characters in this book are pretty shallow, predictable, and a collection of cliches.

Fed-Kun's army
Honestly feel like I pushed myself to get past the first 9 chapters and only hoping to be rewarded by the 10th which for me means the manga fails a bit in creating interesting characters. Only the King feels fleshed out while others are uninteresting or frustating to read about. I probably skimmed through most of the dialogue because of this. I still have no attachment to the fl either.

Contributor
This is not fluffy. This is dark. No happily-ever-after shoujo fantasy here: Fist-fulls of harsh reality punctuate the narrative at every turn. They're not all cheap-shots, either; not a lot of melodrama, mostly just drama. (Obviously from these comments, some feel differently. Your mileage may vary.)

Lots of death, though. Definitely more "and then they were killed" moments than the average shoujo manga.

With a different protagonist, it'd be completely unrecognizable as any sort of shoujo manga, really, but our bright and (mostly) clear-headed young tomboyish protagonist is responsible for carrying that banner. Reminds me of some sort of older, darker shoujo fantasy stuff. Either way, she's anything but immune to the reality-checks this story likes to deliver.

Well, I can only hope it's not an outright tragedy. For the moment, at least, it's sure set up as one, if it wants to be. Time will tell.

Group Leader
@FStubbs we go by volume, the chapters are normally bimonthly (every 2 mo) in the magazine it runs in so there's a giant delay between volumes. But anyway vol4 came out this month, so soon

I came to check here from time to time and delighted to see the comments.
I wish the best for the scanlators.

I'm thoroughly engrossed by this manga. It's girtty and cold but doesn't miss the chance to bring in moments of levity either. Thanks for the translations, looking forward to what's up next!

Thank you so much for translating this manga!! I think this might be in the running as one of my all time favs.

This is just a poorly redone King Henry VIII's Tudor wives, a story that's been done a million times and much better. It's an uninspired tale with cliches and barebones characterization. Why even use the body swap and act so unrestrained as a mere servant while the fake Aruna can barely maintain eye contact without fainting? What is even the point? The MC's entire personality is that she holds a sword. All other traits, many unexplained and mutually incompatible, appear and disappear at will to force scenarios. She's obedient/obliging one moment, proud the next, and suddenly spunky cool girl so she can have a meet cute moment. And somehow entire rooms of high ranking nobles will stop for her "awe-inspiring speeches" that always manage to give her the upper hand. Reading this is a challenge to suspension of disbelief.

@snowyang26 you are right that it feels a bit unrealistic but also I'm a sucker for badass female leads so I literally love it anyway. Her personality is a bit bland, that's true, but like making a character like this means that there wiLL be development somehow. Also the main love interest felt really wack at the beginning of the story, but so far no one isn't saying anything about that.

@snowyang26 it wouldve been good to find a replacement with a woman thats loyal and strong as Aruna. But its impossible with the flow of events.

Dropped this after a fee pages from the first chapter but coming back to it, it's actually got something. Looking forward to more :)

I was enjoying it... A lot of drama, angst, revenge plots and tense developments... Just hope the scanlation is bit more regular and often from now on 😅

Users who are viewing this thread