Company and Private Life -On and Off- - Ch. 7.1

Dex-chan lover
I'm gonna need some coffee too after all that sweetness. Extra black...

Dex-chan lover
I see, you're bisexual.
images

And we already know Aki likes Kande when he's in work mode, and while she's in lolita mode. So this is a confirmed bi4bi relationship (gender pending).

That coffee giving me anxiety. Didn't see this in the original so it be looking like random filler content. Imagine we have to wait like 5 months for a new chapter to drop.

Dex-chan lover
But if you look at the total amount of package that's being cut off, compared to just the amount of "oat" it puts the phrasing really oddly right-justified. But if you add in the unseen "G", it allows it to center itself a little better.
Goat milk is not as common a replacement for cow milk as plant-based alternatives are. Not only is it more expensive and poorly available, it also has a taste that may require getting used to. It contains more fat and calories, also contains lactose and finally is not a vegan option either (although compared to cow milk it may be easier to digest, but who cares when you're mixing it with five other things). All of this generally makes it a poor replacement for cow milk unless you're really into the taste or have a specific/personal reason.

Oat milk on the other hand makes much more sense as its taste suits more people's palate than goat milk, while also being distinctively different from cow milk. It's perhaps the most common plant-based milk, which means it has no lactose and is an option to lactose intolerant people, vegans and anyone looking for a different kind of taste. Since it's less subjectively liked than goat milk, it's more compatible with the drink, rather than being a risky ingredient. Both using oat milk as drink or oat meal as breakfast dish with hot cocoa are pretty common.

Moreover on the coffee aspect: apart from it not being displayed as an ingredient, I think coffee with honey is much rarer compared to hot chocolate with honey, considering sweetening hot cocoa is often considered as vital to the taste, while many people prefer their coffee retaining its bitter taste. I also do not recall ever seeing powdered coffee (instant or otherwise) in manga, let alone with a cacao100% label or mixed with cacao.

She did seem to put in at least a notable amount of honey. If she's also using a different (deeper) kind of voice when dressed up all cool and pointy (or when shouting at a certain colleague at work), maybe her throat hurts at this point?

We can spot the ingredients: hot water, pure cacao, Mānuka honey, oat milk: sweet hot chocolate. No coffee drink.

No coffee beans were harmed in the making of this manga. The same mercy was not spared to cacao beans. Also FYI: honey is not bee barf, have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread