Company and Private Life -On and Off- - Ch. 8.2

Supporter
Oh wow! We totally haven't read these exact same chapters on the "pre-serialization"! Surely the author spends hours refining his work instead of wielding the tremendous power of CTRL+V!
bd3ee7c0-84a5-4f1f-9a6a-604a2704d500_text.gif

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow! We totally haven't read these exact same chapters on the "pre-serialization"! Surely the author spends hours refining his work instead of wielding the tremendous power of CTRL+V!
Gotta farm that free twitter engagement, no need for original 1 pagers/arts when you can just lazily use bits of the "serialization" for that.

What to expect of an author that made cheap NTR hentai of their own 90 chapter finished work for some quick bucks. Newest chapter was mid, too. Jokes on me for trying to catching up after half a year of not reading this work, I guess..

Dex-chan lover
Gotta farm that free twitter engagement, no need for original 1 pagers/arts when you can just lazily use bits of the "serialization" for that.

What to expect of an author that made cheap NTR hentai of their own 90 chapter finished work for some quick bucks. Newest chapter was mid, too. Jokes on me for trying to catching up after half a year of not reading this work, I guess..
Wait what are you talking about?

"A few google pages later"

Oh shit this is the author of "Kunoichi no Ichi"!?

The same person that made a fat ugly bastard NTR spin-off of one of their own main characters?

Jesus Christ now I am worried about what the author may do to this story when the cash starts getting tight.

Dex-chan lover
I liked the visual metaphor with the leaking sink. It was unearned, but I can still appreciate it for what it tried to do.

I wish the author would give us some actual depth to these characters so we can care how the story progresses.

Contributor
Wait what are you talking about?

"A few google pages later"

Oh shit this is the author of "Kunoichi no Ichi"!?

The same person that made a fat ugly bastard NTR spin-off of one of their own main characters?

Jesus Christ now I am worried about what the author may do to this story when the cash starts getting tight.
he wrote a whole ass manga in between Kunoichi no Ichi Ni and this. And it still got axed in the same amount of time as the previous two manga.

perhaps he realized the american webcomic approach is probably better overall. Less risk of it being canceled when its already a twitter comic by default. I think Kato Mayumi has a similar approach.

Dex-chan lover
His crossdressing childhood friend was NTRed out of him by another crossdresser, he should have crossdressed too, but he didn't and now he is paying the price :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
he wrote a whole ass manga in between Kunoichi no Ichi Ni and this. And it still got axed in the same amount of time as the previous two manga.

perhaps he realized the american webcomic approach is probably better overall. Less risk of it being canceled when its already a twitter comic by default. I think Kato Mayumi has a similar approach.
Oh, you are absolutely right. This approach seems like the easy way in without having to fend for one-shots. Massive engagement on socials + possibility of serialization + easy fantia etc. ad. Glad that it works with this one, still think most of their other works are terrible and making NTR hentai out of their own original character that had a 90 chapter story dedicated to them is bad taste and of poor character. All for some money. This is going beyond making a fan happy kek.

Going by what we factually know about the author, just wait a bit for this one to end and send some money their way. You can probably even have the newly introduced character NTR her, lmao. Some artists, man.
I am kinda lost when stuff like this happens (luckily not too often..) but why should we be engaged and keep reading when the author themselves doesn't care about what happens to the cast? This is the same as the fluff bunny girl manga that just finished TLing. Cute, wholesome bait to then pull up and say "well, time to make official ugly bastard prostitution spin-offs of this chick". I guess something must be wrong with me for actively disliking that in artists, haha

Power Uploader
They never mention Kanade's gender in the original. So, actually, we still don't know whether they see Kanade as a girl or as a crossdresser.

Group Leader
I liked the visual metaphor with the leaking sink. It was unearned, but I can still appreciate it for what it tried to do.

I wish the author would give us some actual depth to these characters so we can care how the story progresses.
I didn't understand the sink metaphor, what is it supposed to mean?

Dex-chan lover
I didn't understand the sink metaphor, what is it supposed to mean?
It's actually more about the drop of water hitting the cup and ripples in the formerly placid surface. It signifies a thought that triggers a chain of events that disrupt the steady(?) status quo. Most likely it's a pang of romantic jealousy, but it could be something else (protectiveness? Aesthetic jealousy? Etc.)

The faucet part is what made it feel unearned, since I interpret that as bottled up emotions leaking out. Since we don't really know either of these characters or their relationships...I don't really have reference or perspective to validate that notion, or indeed make it worth caring about. YMMV :salute:

Dex-chan lover
Urgh. The chapters are too short for this kind of development. Should've just stayed with the two characters until everything was better established.

Dex-chan lover
It's actually more about the drop of water hitting the cup and ripples in the formerly placid surface. It signifies a thought that triggers a chain of events that disrupt the steady(?) status quo. Most likely it's a pang of romantic jealousy, but it could be something else (protectiveness? Aesthetic jealousy? Etc.)

The faucet part is what made it feel unearned, since I interpret that as bottled up emotions leaking out. Since we don't really know either of these characters or their relationships...I don't really have reference or perspective to validate that notion, or indeed make it worth caring about. YMMV :salute:
I would add that the "cup is full" and ready to spill too.

Fed-Kun's army
You could have been Narita but look who you want to be.
[Narita from "The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All"]

Users who are viewing this thread