Concerning the US Protests and Our Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter
@justforthelulz wrong version.

KgBDpht.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@Halo I was just interested in your viewpoint. Carry on, friendo.

@TetsuwanAtom It's evident that you're passionate about this topic. I wholeheartedly agree with you in regards to magnitude of atrocities that Hitler was responsible for. On Mangadex, I'm perfectly fine with people who are openly Nazis and attempt to voice overly offensive opinions being suspended or even banned. However, I would urge you to be careful when applying a complete shutdown of certain ideals from discussions worldwide, as well as any viewpoints which attempt to look at Hitler's actions from an objective approach. Tamerlane explained adequately in his post above why it would be detrimental to throw the baby out with the bathwater in discussions like these. Shutting down opinions by force on a worldwide scale is a slippery slope and sets a dangerous precedent. People with morally reprehensible opinions will, unfortunately, always exist, and it is necessary to uphold free speech in order to protect everyone's right to voice their opinions as well as ensure that we are able to counter objectively harmful ideas not with force, but with rational discussions.

@Tamerlane No worries, I'm well aware. I didn't accuse Halo of anything in the post nor in my head.

Dex-chan lover
@TetsuwanAtom
It's absurd that you're going on this diatribe about how controversial opinions need to be banned, when this entire conversation has been between people condemning the crimes of Stalin, the USSR, and Marxism, against those trying to downplay their severity and whitewash (red-wash?) their history.

This thread is supposed to be about the protests, not constant efforts at whataboutism in favour of Communist/Nazi scum.

@Tamerlane you need to add a 3rd one piece of shit - Murica. People tend to forget their passion to burning people alive, slaughtering indigenous peoples, invading other countries and arming terrorists.

I believe in the righteousness of the protests here in the US and have supported them financially as much as I can.
@Plykiya, @Zephyrus hi, our "neutral" hypocrite cunts. How does your righteous protests feel now? People keep dying, COVID keeps spreading, people keep looting and burning everything. Probably feels nice for scum like you.

Dex-chan lover
Lol, the official stance of the website is neutral because the website is manga + forum not politics. We are free to discuss in the forums because mangadex forums are just a forum; only rules are really be civil.

The staff are entitled to their individual no better than you are entitled to your opinion, anger and pov. Sure you can have racist, sexist or superiority pov or even optimistic, idealistic and altruistic; it might be not be liked and get trashed on... But the beauty of discussion is that you can talk and you can listen to different povs rather than heading to your local echo chamber.

The staff have their own opinions but they aren't moderating opinions against their own. There is still a free discussion. You can criticise their personal view but you can't criticise letting the website be neutral and neither can you criticize them for having a personal opinion because they are staff. Would you rather they shut the website down for a few days in the name on BLM like other businesses have done for PR and make their stance known in an official way?

Double-page supporter
YIPlkxC.png

Imagine making a new account just to shit on the mods.

u3Lz0tt.gif

The staff have their own opinions but they aren't moderating opinions against their own.
large.jpg

@Teddy Yeah-yeah. People got banned(me too, that's why I'm using smurf account) because they don't care about Murica, and the Amazing and Fantastic Zeph really do care.

@Tamerlane obviously, Murica is a saint country and everyone who says otherwise is just a troll. You got me here.

Double-page supporter
Judging by his insults, I'm guessing it's page 8.

If so, he's kind of right. He said much more offensive shit in the past and didn't get banned for it. 🙃

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nestlé
I'm sure megacorporations suddenly had a change of heart and they're not all controlled by a small group of people pushing an agenda.

https://i.ibb.co/TLHqNz6/1592409976828.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/5YfHS6l.png
"Physicians have joined protests in cities across the country, and an open letter signed by 1,200 health professionals says protests should not be shut down over fears of COVID-19 transmission"
"27 police officers injured during largely peaceful anti-racism protests in London"
But also
"Hundreds of far-right protesters defy COVID-19 restrictions to demonstrate in London"
"Right-wing protesters clash with police in central London"
They don't even bother hiding it anymore.

Dex-chan lover
@Halo @bigtiddyoneesan @justforthelulz
Pretty sure it's Grapeman (Minus the "G"), though I've not directly interacted with them so this is just going off of what I know of his history and his tendencies.

He has the same style of writing and the same provocative tone to try and get people going. Just ignore him.

Dex-chan lover
@bigtiddyoneesan
What did you say that they banned you for?
Mangadex makes it a policy to not be transparent about moderator actions. Sometimes not explaining until PM'd to ask why, and sometimes even ignoring if you do ask. They might never have told him which comment exactly was over the line.
At least that's true of moderated comments; no idea about bans.

Double-page supporter
@Tamerlane my money is on the catgirl: "murica", "cunt", the rage issues.

PgEP2Ij.gif

last page top post is mine! 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread