@Contributors Help fill missing MU/MAL links on manga entries

Contributor
I'll take on the task when possible. Time for all of us to feel a bit more important.

yu6

Contributor
Sadly some manga like this one https://mangadex.org/manga/21719/pocket-monster-bw-good-partners will never have a MAL because the page don't exists (I created one there but the MAL mods never approved it for now....) same for some other manga...

Contributor
@yu6 MAL mods are just that slow, sometimes it takes a couple of days.
Meanwhile I waited almost a month and no approval in sight.

yu6

Contributor
@estrombico: I added some entries at the beginning of the year (or a little before) and... still nothing... they are really slow XDD

Power Uploader
w116Hzt.png

@Paulo27
How are you finding bad covers? I encountered some bad covers, but didn't really pay attention to flagging them.
Could you also post a new reply to the thread after you edit the 1st post? A simple message to catch our attention, so we know to check the first post again.

Power Uploader
@Noms
I downloaded all the covers from the site and analyzed them.
And sure, I'll ping you guys again if something comes up, I don't have anything else planned for contributors for now though (the stuff in the OP is already plenty of work too).

@Paulo27
Knowing that, I don't have to regret ignoring the covers in case they might've helped. Nice work, thanks!

Power Uploader
I'd like to remind everyone to please be careful when entering IDs and links to the site.
I have just found 185(!) MU links which will have to be redone because they had a space in them when they where entered in the MU link field.
What I mean by this is that instead of simply putting "1" into the field, " 1" was put in there, this generates this link: "https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id= 1", note the space between = and 1, this leads to the MU ID disappearing when someone edits the manga again.
This of course also applies to MAL IDs but I haven't analyzed those extensively to see how many broken links there are.
The system attempts to fix some of these issues itself to some extent but again, please be careful when adding the IDs to manga.
And while not as many as the above, I have also noticed people putting the entire URL (i.e.
https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1 ) into the MU field, please don't do this as the same happens (ID disappears when someone edits again).
That and please put the right link under the right label, I have also seen CDJapan links in the MU field (I imagine someone forgot to change the label to CDJapan), this also erases the MU link.

Sorry for the lengthy post but I'd like to make everyone aware of these things so they don't happen as often. Keep up contributing.

EDIT: Oh... the situation is actually a lot worse, I see at least 600 IDs broken because of spaces at the end (rather than the start like I mentioned above), again, please be extra careful about this. I'll attempt to get these fixed in the meantime.

Contributor
Worry do not from my side, i check everything once i add the link to new entries or adding to existing ones.

Contributor
I also check the links after I add them to make sure its working properly.

Contributor
Well, thank goodness I always double check if the link is broken or not.

Forgetting to change the link label is annoying. Once in a while I forget to change MU to MAL, so when I click save and check the links I realize I have to go back and edit.
I wish the default in the dropdown was a blank/null value, forcing you to change value.

Users who are viewing this thread