@Contributors Help fill missing MU/MAL links on manga entries

Contributor
If it was a serious problem you could always just add a little bit of javascript to trim whitespace or to grab the path out of the URL.

Power Uploader
The system already trims whitespace, except that some browsers still allow you to add them depending on how you do it.
This time all the IDs were run through a few times to make sure no spaces remained, but that involved having to ask Holo to do it.

Group Leader
Pretty sure I always check spaces in what I type but I'll triple-check instead of double-checking from now on, just to make sure.

Contributor
@Paulo27

If we come across an entry that has been deleted from MangaDex, how should we best handle it in the spreadsheet? Just mark it like any that we finished? Delete the entry? Something else?

Power Uploader
@Baltrak
If it's not too much trouble, look at the title on MU/MAL and search for it on MD, see if it was a oneshot or something that got merged into another entry and see if that entry has the correct MU/MAL. You can also just tell me the manga ID and I'll look at it since I have backups from a few weeks ago. Either way, mark it as done as well

Power Uploader
As you all likely know, MAL was completely down for some time, which seemed to really kill the already slow progress of the sheet at the time. And while I'd like to save this ping for when MAL was more stable, a long has passed now and I'd like us to keep moving forward, for now the manga section of the site is functional at least so even if not ideal, we can at least work with that somewhat.

I'll remind the sheet is located here (as seen in the OP):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Pa4P25WOHhk6rXdXmc-1p_WRsEjid9pIOVvkT5KkcFg/

Thank you to everyone who has helped out so far.

Group Leader
I'll get back to it, what's getting to me is all this yaoi... 50% of the things that needs to be updated is yaoi, while editing I hoped that I'd find some works I could like but there's so much yaoi we're drowning in it even if we don't want to. MAL being periodically unavailable was annoying too.

Lol, Shyning, my problem with so much yaoi is that I fix a lot of things about them. I end up having to scan or read through a lot to get extra info (e.g. titles of oneshots, descriptions, etc).
We'd save ourselves this grief if the only thing we did was add MU/MAL links.

Contributor
@Paulo27
MAL is still in a state where it's kind of hard to add stuff. After all, they still haven't bothered to restore most functionality to the site including the ability to add series. And that means we can't really add new series and use their links. (Something I do a lot.) Let alone the fact that they haven't approved new series in like half a year.

Power Uploader
@Aruseus493
Most stuff that aren't on MAL yet likely can't be on there anyway, not being able to add series to MAL is mostly an issue for new series, which this sheet doesn't really cover much.
This sheet won't be the last one though, anything we miss here will be ironed out later so don't sweat it.

VIP
can i post other than MAL/MU links?

http://urasunday.com/reigen/index.html

reigen raws....

Contributor
@kuma
The only links you can post are:
MangaUpdates
MyAnimeList
Novel Updates
The Official Raw version
The Official English translation
CDJapan
and Amazon (JP)

is a Reindeer
VIP
@kuma
61647b3c3d.png
posted like this if you have contrib powers on the manga page, not necessary for the google doc.

Contributor
I just up this topic, just to know.

I would like to edit a manga page, but i can't anymore, it's a little sad.

Contributor
The contributor role request thread is locked, is there a new way to request permissions?

Users who are viewing this thread