Convenience Store of the Dead ~The Convenience Store Clerk Will Get Rescued in 100 Days~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 101 - Epilogue

Dex-chan lover
saying she's the humanity's enemy too means... crap, this was better than I thought... 😳

Dex-chan lover
The comic refers to developing smallpox vaccine, but smallpox vaccine was first made from the less virulent cowpox vaccine, which would require a less virulent zombie virus, and the story never explains how that could have happened. Note that there are other ways to develop a vaccine, and the first one, smallpox, was developed in 1796. Also, inoculations by taking scabs and pus and scratching skin with it was done in the 17th century and earlier. Dangerous, but obviously some decided to take the risk. Thanks for the translations!!! 💉💉💉

@Ced1106 I think she was only making a comparison of how crude the vaccine itself was, not drawing parallels to the process for the smallpox vaccine.

(It's implied that she may have caused the outbreak/developed the virus to begin with. Since it was purely curiosity, we have no way of knowing what she was curious about/whether she had previously used some similar version on herself.)

Thanks for the translations SleepySlimeTL.

Dex-chan lover
Massive respect for the guy. F

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFF
FFF
FFF

And so the guy isn't completely dead. More like preserved in a hibernating state. GREAT.

Dex-chan lover
One hell of a plot,
From cashier to scientist
To saving the world.

Dex-chan lover
I am not convinced by the translation in this cloud, there is something off... why an enemy?
OH43lUU.jpg
There we have: 博士は人類の仇ですが同時に人類の希望です!
deepl.com (and some other translators) translates this into: He is the enemy of humanity, but he is also the hope of humanity!
google translate: He is the soul of mankind, but at the same time he is the mankind's desire!

I think that enemy can also be translated as avenger, vengeance, which makes more sense... but this is just my speculation... I don't know, I'm just confused...
any native Japanese speaker here? :D
Maybe mankind's desire is because now she is very sexy

Nah, the reason was early chapter she said "virus isnt aerobic", but she was doing experiments with the virus and created a new version with the vaccine, she doesnt create a vaccine, created a not mortal version selecting the better test cultive (but the virus is active*), when she launched the bottle with blood she released the lesser mortal virus at the world and now, everyone catch the zombie virus

*Remember that covid vaccine, CN vaccine is virus fragment and Pfizer dont have virus fragement and the first vaccine smallpox (p82 reference) was the virus not mortal version

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread