Convenience Store of the Dead ~The Convenience Store Clerk Will Get Rescued in 100 Days~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 101 - Epilogue

Dex-chan lover
I think she's an enemy of humanity because she is technically a zombie herself since she is infected herself with the virus using the vaccine.

@Vmpslushie she said even successfully making a revival drug still cannot compensate the thing shes done in the past means it contradicts your theory

Dex-chan lover
@Evescent That line makes me feel like something got left out. I had to go back to the first chapter and look but she starts out as just a clerk. It doesn't appear she would have the kind of access needed to cause a zombie outbreak.

She has real medical knowledge so, if it wasn't for her wearing a clerk's uniform I might have accepted that she was a lab attendant who happened to be in that store at the beginning.

Aggregator gang
@Drifter She was most likely a medical student doing part time work at a convenience store to help pay for it or the student loans. Not the first time a student has worked part time to make ends meet while they're learning. With this being the future, too, they probably learn things at an accelerated rate in comparison to present day. Hell, she mentioned they finish learning the periodic table in elementary school...

Dex-chan lover
I’M SO SCARED AND CONFUSED

WHAT HAPPENED TO HER, WHAT IS SHE DOING, WHAT DID SHE MEAN BY WHAT SHE SAID

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Dex-chan lover
I am not convinced by the translation in this cloud, there is something off... why an enemy?
OH43lUU.jpg
There we have: 博士は人類の仇ですが同時に人類の希望です!
deepl.com (and some other translators) translates this into: He is the enemy of humanity, but he is also the hope of humanity!
google translate: He is the soul of mankind, but at the same time he is the mankind's desire!

I think that enemy can also be translated as avenger, vengeance, which makes more sense... but this is just my speculation... I don't know, I'm just confused...
any native Japanese speaker here? :D

Dex-chan lover
i like this manga but i have a little complains specially for clerk-chan to be able to make a crude vaccine out of things from a convenient store... from the start clerk-chan was like "im an ordinary hs student" type from the few 30 chapters then she decide to make alcohol then upgraded to culturing live virus then made crude vaccine... its like the author just forcing to stir the story of "a girl trying to survive for 100days" to "she is dr.stone incarnate saving the world by making crude vaccine in 60+days"

Group Leader
i agree with everyone else, the vaccine shit was weird and this ending was weirder. i thought she was a normal hs girl :')

Dex-chan lover
@Kibblerujz The infected wound she had gotten from a common injury near the end of the story had led to necrosis by the time she was rescued, so they had to amputate. Luckily prosthetic technology is also advanced in the future, so her artificial arm is pretty spiffy.

Fed-Kun's army
@Evescent
Yeah I reread that and I'm just left like what the fuck did she do? Was she prepared for this? Did she make the virus and slowly develop it? How did she mess up the world?

The whole thing was enjoyable, but godamn I want answers.

Users who are viewing this thread