Cover the Sky

I bet Su Gu is like Soo-won from Yona of the Dawn who is willing to sacrifice everything even his love of his life in order to improve the country. Really sad though.....even though he cares for his fiancee he has to act so cold. Well, he deserves it for ruining her family.

Ⓘ ⒺⓃⒿⓄⓎⒺⒹ ⓇⒺⒶⒹⒾⓃⒼ ⓉⒽⒾⓈ! ⓉⒽⒶⓃⓀⓈ Ⓐ ⓁⓄⓉ ⓉⓁ(=^_^=)

I can’t help but notice mangas are SO much easier to understand when translated to English than manhuas. Part has to do with the names (at least for me I find Chinese names a lot harder to differentiate than Japanese names), but the other part is just how they word things. Dude keeps talking about his daughters, but then it sounds like he’s calling her his sister, and he wants to make her his queen...WHAT??! What the hell is going on?? It’s a very convoluted speaking style as compared to English (assuming it’s not the translations being weird, could be either or both). Every one of them I’ve read is like this, I have a hard time following them bc they jump around so much and use complicated text. I wish they had native English speakers translating so they could write how English speakers actually converse, because it’s NOT like this.

Dex-chan lover
@MazzieB811 You'd lose a lot of details meant to be there by translating it to common english, just like how japanese has many different ways for addressing people, but it usually gets lost when translated

Contributor
This story follows the divergent paths of three sisters, and it feels like two of the three are just a sequence of grim events. The third and youngest sister (our principle protagonist if we go by the cover) is meanwhile having some sort of (relatively) upbeat adventure story...

If I could cut out the two sisters who are having a bad time of it, and just follow the young one who's having fun half the time, this would be a dramatic but fun read. But as it is, it's perhaps erring a bit more towards dark melodrama for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread