Creepy Cat - Vol. 3 Ch. 227 - Calico Cat

Kokoro is angry.
At least they are actually looking at Floras stuff now.

Yeah, I don't get why Kokoro would appear creepy. Is that related to manekineko color symbolism (even though calico seems a very popular colo) or just the author favoring creepy cat ?

Group Leader
yeah i dont really understand

especially since the customers don't seem creeped out at all. they have the same expression as they were praising creepy.

so how exactly does kokoro and hime make people buy flora's work?

pretty sure it's because kokoro looks like a maneki neko when posed like that, so she's unconsciously influencing people to buy things, even though it's clear from her dark moodlines that she would prefer to be lavished with attention instead

Group Leader
idk it just seems unclear since creepy posing as a maneki neko didn't work but somehow kokoro does?

Dex-chan lover
I believe kokoro is intimidating people into buying floras stuff whereas creepy was ok with just receiving attention

Supporter
Kokoro can hold still, and has the commanding presence of an officer.

Dex-chan lover
All of you guys are suggesting this is Kokoro's doing, but what if it's actually Officer Hime's influence instead who's not emanating dark vibes and holding out a small piece of art to buy?

Dex-chan lover
Maybe it's less Kokoro in general and more that she's on the end of the table, instead of more towards the middle like Creepy Cat was?

Group Leader
seems like even some of the japanese were confused with this strip when it came out

猫(?)が交代しただけなのに行列できたね。クリーピーとの違いは何ぞや?マジで三毛なだけ?(しかもオスだけとは知りませんでした!)
Translated from Japanese by
Even though the cat (?) Just changed, I was able to line up. What's the difference with creepy? Is it really just a calico cat? (And I didn't know that it was only a male!)

@Cromat
Most of the Maneki neko (cats carrying money) in Japan are painted like calico cat. That’s why Kokoro looks like a real Maneki neko... and gets people to buy

Users who are viewing this thread