Crimson Karma - Ch. 1

Double-page supporter
@DorothyGale123 @Xitel My assumption is that it's an alternate earth that is similar to ours but still ultimately different. It could be that this version of the US doesn't acknowledge the Geneva Conventions, a lesser version was created that allowed such things depending on the circumstances(which is bullshit, but still possible), or that they were never established at all. This could explain why the uniforms are different and why the "President" is being referred to as "Your Excellency." Maybe the US became a dictatorship at some point, which would make whoever is the current president the equivalent of a king or an emperor, and also explain why they are treating what the President said as absolute regardless of how much they dislike the order.

Could also be that the author simply fucked up and didn't do enough research, but I suppose it's ultimately less important given that the main focus will be her life in another world after she dies in this one. She will, without a doubt, die next chapter and we will probably get a cliffhanger of her waking up in the other world or something. We might even get a little exposition about the other world before the chapter ends if we are lucky.

Dex-chan lover
It could be that this version of the US doesn't acknowledge the Geneva
@Svelandria Or just the fact that US forces, especially covert/clandestine forces, do have a history of causing "collateral damage"

Double-page supporter
@AbuHajaar The US is known for a lot of things, but I don't know my own country's history enough to say your wrong. Honestly, though, I can't say such a claim surprises me at this point. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Dex-chan lover
Wow that thumb on the general's hand tapping the finger on the table...

😖

Yeah our main character being all for bombing innocent civilians threw me off, going to read the newest chap and hope it’s somehow redeeming. Thank you for sharing either way!

Dex-chan lover
Gonna assume u.s. here stands for something other than it usually does.

A Colonel doesn't have the power to decide on things like this, but ... Oh well ...

Everything in this chapter was unrealistic and far-fetched, they should have tagged this as alternate reality or something.

yeah, tbh the setting is super dumb, should've gone for some sham country name instead of trying to bring “real-world politics” but ok it's just the prologue anyway

Putting real life politics with blatant inaccuracies. Bombing 100 to save 1000, who is USA saving exactly by interfering with countries by funding rebel groups like "ICS" now has to bomb those same rebel groups along with Innocents. Fuck outta here

This is so shittly done. If you’re going to use real politics make it accurate. I honestly hope for our MC to simply rot in hell. There is nothing that can happen to make them a redeemable character to me

Violet evergarden anyone?
And I'm gonna assume this isn't the US and it's an alternative world cause ain't no body be calling the president YOUR EXCELLENCY

Users who are viewing this thread