Crimson Karma - Ch. 1

Fed-Kun's army
This is interesting. It immediately establishes her philosophy, that being the idea of the "greater good." She ruthlessly pursues whatever she sees as the "greater good." It puts the MC in a morally grey zone rather than making them the second coming of Jesus or a demonic edgelord like in other stuff.

Isn't there an obvious contradiction when between 'oh a bad guy, let's blow up everyone in a mile radius' and 'oh the boss, let me sneak in, assassinate him and save the hostages'? Although using a setting with as many contradictions as the 'war on terror' for a story is a conundrum in itself...

There is SO much wrong in this first chapter and most of it could be avoided if the Author just kept the US Military out of it. If you're gonna take THAT much liberty just make it all fiction Jesus.

To be honest, they can use more discreet name -_-

I feel sad when most people think someone with Arab name is terrorist, we alr know who kill many civilians more and more evil aside from these called 'terrorist' 😒

Fed-Kun's army
The only problem I had with this is how they made it out to be that people would call her a name instead of her rank. Like, I know this is fiction and all, but that wouldn't fly in real life.

Dex-chan lover
Obviously, the author never was even close to anything related to the US army in his entire life, but I like the MC. I want to sing America, Fuck Yeah while reading the bombing part.

The only part they got right was the bombing of civilians. Aside from that there's so much wrong with this, it's almost hilarious. That's not how the U.S. army works. That's not how any modern military works. I don't feel immersed in the story at all because I'm too busy facepalming at the author's blatant ignorance.

Dex-chan lover
Lol yeah no, what military would send in their colonel just because she said so? Command chain is a real thing and it's very rigid. Also assassination is a highly specialized mission that would require special force(s).
Plus her background story doesn't make any sense. The military doesn't just enlist people without a background, let alone promoting them to Colonel.
No kidding, this scenario is like a company’s director of logistics being sent to do shift team leader work at a warehouse or something (first example that came to mind).

No one would send one of their top brass to do grunt work, not to mention alone with no support whatsoever

Users who are viewing this thread