Crimson Karma

Fed-Kun's army
Am I the only one who clicked on this thinking it was cool, then leaned in on the cover and thought "Oh shit, those are boobs"

i quite like this, there is no generic crappy love plot so far and i like the fact that the main character is a strong willed woman

Too many chapters in a day. Thank you so much for the update translators! Wow dame kasia is so cooooll!!! I feel so refresh again seeing her.

While I understand that the author's intention is to set up the main character as this epic badass, the idea that the soldiers under her command ignored orders, bullied their commander, and even attempted to drag her into a storage closet to give her beatings is so monumentally unrealistic that it's impossible for anyone with a double-digit IQ to take the first chapter seriously.

Do they think the army is a Korean high school or something? In their mind, are soldiers retarded enough to do the kind of shit that would result in criminal prosecution without even a shred of discretion? Are commanders retarded enough to send only a single assassin on a job where failure means they have to blow up the entire city? How is this the target demographic of this manhwa "women between the ages of 18 and 40" instead of literal infants?

I won't even bother with the bit where she takes out like eight fully-armed and armored terrorists with a knife and a pistol since that's par for the course when it comes to action scenes in manhwa, but I really just wish whoever wrote these scenes spent more than five seconds coming up with them. Knights wearing fancy dress shirts under their armor? Sure. At that point, they might as well be wielding katanas too.

edit: the emperor's name is Thanos lmao what

@pato

I get your point that she may be a bit overkill (literally) but discrimination in the army against woman is actually very common. The reason you don't hear about it is because it's usually covered up. There have been lots of cases where female soldiers have experienced sexism and racism from their fellow comrades and superiors. It can even escalate to rape, torture and murder in some cases. For example the murder and rape of LaVena Johnson which was labeled as a 'suicide' despite all evidence pointing towards rape and murder by her fellow male soldiers. So yes in a way it is "like a Korean Highschool" as you put it except a thousand times worse.

As for the her basically being overpowered and the commanders heavily relying on only her, that I admit is not realistic BUT it is a sort of fantasy dream that I think a lot of women have in a way. The want to be RESPECTED and seen as STRONG and INDEPENDENT. Therefore she is shown as an unstoppable force that is irreplaceable and the only one that can do the job right. It is not unusual for older women to enjoy such a scenario especially since they have to experience and struggle with sexism everyday in varying amounts and different ways. I think this manhwa is a wonderful fresh breath of air and a nice 'fantasy dream' that women can put themselves into.

Of course everyone is entitled to feel how they want about things and to their opinions so I'm not saying all women think the way I do but I wanted to show a different side to your point.

@K00K13
I'm also going to add that most shonen are unrealistic where they're one man band overkill but nobody bats an eye. Also most movies/tv shows where its the "one" guy that solves everything and everyone relies on him. But somehow we are conditioned to think a "woman" can't equate to a man's heroics.

I don't think its so far fetched that she's over-kill, also I don't think its extreme. She has experience and has years of a more advanced society war tactics where she has trained to kill and climbed to becoming a commander. Therefore, her being better is that she can take people unexpected and she has years of experience to see the signs. Human nature doesn't change with technology.

I didnt expect that to be ernon. But I wanted to ship them. Kasia and ernon.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

@K00K13
You have a point there. I've never been in the armed forces and I don't know anyone who has been, so the sexism might be way worse than I assumed.
As far as the female fantasy of being powerful and independent is concerned, I'm not complaining about the fact that it's incorporated in this story but rather the way that the author chose to represent it.
A situation that would be way more believable is if the bigwigs sent a handful of assassins and the MC was the only one who succeeded. Heck, maybe the other assassins were all male and it happened that only the girl managed to complete the mission properly. Ultimately the result is the same but it doesn't make the side characters look like morons for no reason. Objectively speaking, the worldbuilding and realism will always be better if the author does not neglect the entire rest of the cast just so they can focus on how awesome and beloved the protagonist and her harem is.

Users who are viewing this thread