Cross Account - Vol. 4 Ch. 28 - Reality X Two (Final)

Dex-chan lover
Well now the finale has happened.
I only wish that we knew where Mao is after those 2 years.
Thanks for all the chapters.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for your hard work scanlating guys.

I can't really decide if this is a let down or not. I mean, part of me wants the main couple to end up together and happy, and we didn't get that - in fact, it seems like they parted, and didn't even talk for two years, since she's just now asking him to be friends.

But part of me also wanted this guy to be completely rejected for being a dumbass, and we didn't get that either. Dude's in freakin' obsessed otaku. Anyone that like, pays money or whatever to go shake the hand of the idol they're in love with is a fucking loser with zero self-respect, imo.

And another part of me wanted him and Mao to be happy together and married by the time Nanoka came back, causing her to wish she hadn't waited two fucking years to talk to someone she was mutually in love with already, and I didn't get that, either.

I want to at least like Mao, because she confessed her feelings head-on, but the fact that he could reject her, and she basically never looked unhappy a single moment, even when he was pursuing another girl right in front of her, basically... and she was encouraging him! No one's that much of a saint and no one should have to BE that much of a saint.

The ideal ending would be that Mao finds happiness with another guy, Nanoka ends up jaded and disillusioned with Hollywood after spending two years getting banged on casting couches by shady directors, and MC solidifies his path towards being a NEET otaku. Nanoka realizes she made the mistake of her life by rejecting the man she loved, so she returns to Japan after two years and confesses, but MC is no longer interested in used goods - but since, as far as HE knows, she has zero interest in a romantic relationship with him (remember, she NEVER TOLD HIM that she loved him, too, so he certainly wouldn't have ANY reason to continue to be in love with her) he's now in love with and idolizing another beautiful, virginal idol, and turns Nanoka down the same way he rejected Mao.

At least then, with THAT kind of ending, there would be some lessons learned by the characters -- a moral to the story. The current moral of the story is you can be a fucking idiot and still find happiness, and that's a bad story.

They could've at least shown us what happened to Mao...

Apparently there's 3 one shots that are included -

Haru yo, Koi! (はるよ、こい!); Shounen Jump 2017 #4+5, 6
Kumoro Tsuyoshi is in his third year in middle school, and is in the midst of studying for his entrance exams. He wants to go to the same school as his childhood friend, Kamijou Haru, who's two years his senior, since she's his crush. Will he succeed?

Gachipin. (ガチピン。); Jump Next!! 2015 Vol.6
High schooler and aspiring cameraman, Hazama Shunichi, discovers the "model of his destiny" by chance. Will he be able to find her again?

Gesu no Ongaeshi (ゲスの恩返し); Shounen Jump+ 2016/12/26

Double-page supporter
well...the ending is kinda meh. not bad, but just meh.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, this is about what I expected from what some people said about the ending, maybe the original idea for where this would go would've been more satisfying. This ending is just "Okay".

Dex-chan lover
It was pretty meh in the end

The biggest crime is that it didn't even bother to show what happened to Mao

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks Mugen Shoujo, for scalating this until the end. Although this was axed, the ending not actually bad, just need a little bit more longer to create kind of an epilogue.

It was actually forced to end, I read it from a Japanese article months ago. That's why the ending is just like that with poor characters development.

Anyway, thanks to Mugen Shoujo for translating this manga until the end, knowing the ending isn't satisfying enough. Well, some people did find it satisfying though.

this ending is brought to you by lax airport security, because if he had done that in the States the TSA would've magdumped on his ass

Double-page supporter
Well that was pretty unsatisfying, even considering it got the axe.

Double-page supporter
axed , mean while cheap harem and isekai still rolling around

Users who are viewing this thread