Cross Game

Aggregator gang
Ah... I remember reading this in high school.
I cried at the end of first volume.

I think this was one of the perfect stories to go through. Maybe not my top favorite, because I'm not that fan of baseball and gave 9 stars just because of it, but you should really read this one.

I always have a simple complaint with this author and that's his endings. for once give one dedicated chapter to a timeskip or some sort of epilogue w/o blueballing the readers every time. Otherwise, this was a great read.

9/10.

Double-page supporter
Touch may be seen as the best Adachi, but this is definitely my favorite piece of his.

I have to agree with RandomDoge. This has always been my favourite Adachi manga also. I have to say, though, that the coach of Ryuoh Academy gave me a royal pain. When Shimano was playing, he licked his boots to the definite detriment of his own team (since when has having two power hitters on a single team been a bad thing), and yet he spent almost every appearance in the manga talking about how his team (who lost their second ticket to Koshien and only made the selection the first year due to injury of the opposing team's pitcher) was the greatest in history, blah, blah, blah ad infinitum.

After slamdunk and Eyeshield 21, Cross game takes the spot for the best sports + romance+ SoL manga, thank you Adachi sensei, thank you

Dex-chan lover
I have the hard copy set of volumes but I always find myself reading this digital version all the way through every few months or so, it’s really a perfect kind of storytelling. Certainly filled with cliche but the two main characters’ relationship really feels organically fleshed out and patient, that it cancels out all the other tropes. And the fact that it comes out through the struggle of competition and the work of mourning really is impressive.. There really is no other manga, in my mind that has a more perfectly expressed youth romance story than these two.

Group Leader
man adachi can make the same story a million times and ill still read it every time

"I know... probably more... than anyone else in the world"

"we're going to to the Koshien! i'll hit 160! and ... i love Tsukishima more than anyone else..."

10/10

Users who are viewing this thread