Cultivator Against Hero Society - Ch. 13

Double-page supporter
So, he was that OP even with just foundation stage cultivation and is now moving to golden core stage? So, he's basically stronger than anyone in that whole world even as a foundation stage cultivator?
Cultivation circle jerk much?

Dex-chan lover
OS0xpd9.png

Dex-chan lover
@Halo Is there one for japanise isekai protag too? Or one for hero orginisation hero?

Fed-Kun's army
So he has beaten Ironman, Superman, Beatle borgs, and Sailor Moon.

Shoulda had him beat the power rangers and megazord

@Siikalahna

Unlike regular manga and comics, power scaling of cultivation novels is extremely fucked up. This could be considered tame all things considered. There are very popular novels where the MC nearly consumes the universe because he got hungry after breaking through to the next realm.

I don’t mean this in a super negative way... but about flippin’ time she gave up, otherwise she’d actually die

Dex-chan lover
@Chariots So what you're saying is...these types of stories are just really, REALLY badly written, and the authors have no idea how to create any sort of believable characters, usually? Just seems like a lot of power fantasy wank from people who decided that their MC is the most perfect being ever and has ALL the powers even the ones you just thought of to overpower him cause he's the bestest at being the best ever and is so cool all the peoples love him and he's immortal and godpowered, and just so unbelievably great and AWESOME and never makes any mistake ever and if he ever does make a mistake it wasn't really one and you'll love him so much just jeeze!

And people complain about female characters who are 'Mary Sues,' LMAO 😂.

Now, I'm not saying that about this particular story, as this seems like satire, but that does seem to fit with most 'cultivation' stories I've encountered.

@Kaldrak

There are tons of badly written cultivation stories, but that isn't because of the cultivation theme. Most of the translated Japanese LNs are equally as bad. That is mostly because they all started as web novels, and most of them were from first time authors. Do note that I am talking about the web novels here, most cultivation themed manhuas are straight up s-... not good... in my humble opinion. In general LN to manga is easier to do than 10000 page webnovel to manhua.

For those who are curious about the genre:

There are very good cultivation novels where the main character still ends up extremely extremely overpowered by western comic book standards. That is just a feature of the genre.

Think of the cultivation theme as a more formalized/Dao oriented version of Dragon Ball. Not the original Dragon Ball mind you, but everything from original to Dragon Ball Super and then multiply Goku's power by xxxxxx order of magnitude (keep increasing as required by the story).

It certainly has its ups and downs, but it is generally fun.

i really dont understand how this world is still existing tbh.

all the heroes would continue to try to fuck shit up to prove their worth and just destroy everything.

@Halo LOL that full image

Dex-chan lover
Funny how he used a heavenly tribulation against an opponent. I guess it didn't count as tribulation anymore to him.

Dex-chan lover
WAIT WTF!??!?! HIS POWER IS SEALED AND HE'S ALREADY THIS STRONG?????

This thunder is 15 kilometers wide and every strike of thunder can burn up to 37 million acres of land. It strikes 99,999 times every 6 seconds.

If that whole "using 10 millionth of his power" didn't prove this is a parody of sorts, this certainly does.

Users who are viewing this thread