Cut & Paste de Kono Sekai o Ikiteiku - Ch. 84

Dex-chan lover
Is the author ok? The manga is becoming like a inconsistent puzzle the reader has to work to piece together
author of the webnovel passed away from sickness, If I'm not misremembering, author wrote until the end even when things weren't cohesive, coherent. There was a note about it in the translation site of the webnovel, but seems like it went down...

Dex-chan lover
author of the webnovel passed away from sickness, If I'm not misremembering, author wrote until the end even when things weren't cohesive, coherent. There was a note about it in the translation site of the webnovel, but seems like it went down...
The novel is roughly completed from the authors works and the publishing team and artist have decided to continue the series, or so it seems with the raws still being updated monthly

Dex-chan lover
Is the author ok? The manga is becoming like a inconsistent puzzle the reader has to work to piece together
The original author has a brain disease (cerebral hemorrhage) which made his thinking ability deteriorate rapidly, which is why the series getting harder to follow as it goes. He also got half-body paralyzed (left side) due to the disease. He got diagnosed in the middle of writing this series and he's struggling to even write and remember what he was writing and apologizing that the update is becoming infrequent and erratic. In the end, he succumbed to the disease and left the story unfinished. Ironically the last community post I read was him telling his reader he will try his best to finish writing the series.

"I posted it on Twitter yesterday, so I'm sure many of you already know about it, but I'd like to share it here as well.
This is a hiatus, not a discontinuation, so I will definitely return as soon as I can sort my mind out.
``Living in this world by cutting and pasting'' is very special to me.

I fell ill and lost a lot of things. When I felt like my heart would break during my stay in the hospital, it was the voices of support and encouragement from readers that helped me.

If it weren't for this work, I wouldn't have heard anyone say that.
Therefore, I am grateful for this series.
Since this series is that important to me, I don't want to do the foolish thing of abandoning it halfway through.
Even if my only series has already disappeared. --> I'm not sure what the author means about this part.

To all the readers who are reading this, everyone at Tsugikuru (publisher), Mr. Kato who illustrates the manga, and everyone at Shueisha, I will definitely finish it for all of you."

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Man that's sad to hear about the author... and now I feel kinda bad. Because while reading these burst chapters like this I was struggling to even get what was happening with some of the finer details. Part of that is because of the incredibly awful translation rate but I think part is because of the original writing and hearing about their illness is awful.

Aggregator gang
cackagreed.... come on now begger, these are clearly cockatrice.
You say that like he gives a shit about us. The only thing he cares about is trying to squeeze as much money out of people as possible while putting in as little effort as possible.

Dex-chan lover
You say that like he gives a shit about us. The only thing he cares about is trying to squeeze as much money out of people as possible while putting in as little effort as possible.
Oh yeah that couldn't be more clear, but obvious errors like that can't be good for him ether, people are very shallow in perception, and a blatant error like that will make them think the overall translation is bad (which it is but many won't notice if it isn't that blatant) They are less likely to commission a bad translation. And that he does care about.

Users who are viewing this thread