D Genesis: Dungeon ga Dekite 3-nen - Vol. 5 Ch. 32

I'm waiting for him to distribute the rest of his points so all his stats hit 200 and he has like 69 left. That should really increase his range of activity, and give him a lot of wiggle room. Honestly I don't see why he doesn't just do it

Dex-chan lover
Hmmm... These stats.. wouldn't exo-skeletal armor, on par to, say, power armor be a possibility when they produce their patent stat reader? Last I checked, humanity has a penchant for arms racing as seen here. Tanks could be replaced once these individuals be on the same stats as Keigo.

Dex-chan lover
Found this series today, it's really nice, a good change of pace. These guys take things slow, steady and weigh the pros n cons before making their next moves. Liking how they handle their business side of things and establishing connections. Things will sure get dangerous for them, gotta be careful. This series is real nice.

Dex-chan lover
So, if he had used the skill orb instead he could have summoned up to 25 hell hounds? 0_o
Or maybe more since his stats only display up to one hundred but actually can be more, if I remember right?

Last edited:
Aggregator gang
Finally a status appraisal I can get behind.
All the others are just numbers that make no sense and are basically random as their purpose is simply to be higher or lower than the main character's own numbers, based on whether the appraised is meant to be stronger or weaker.
At least, here we are explicitly told it's relative to the appraising and I'm really digging it.

It's interesting but the problem is that the appraisal is giving the remainder not the actual relative value. Given just the numbers that we can see in this chapter, her strength could be 24 and it would give the same result as 8. 100/8 = 12 remainder 4, 100/24 = 4 remainder 4, 30/8 = 3 remainder 6, 30/24 = 1 remainder 6. Any multiple of 8 (less than 30 since the data has that limitation) will give the same result.

Group Leader
It's interesting but the problem is that the appraisal is giving the remainder not the actual relative value. Given just the numbers that we can see in this chapter, her strength could be 24 and it would give the same result as 8. 100/8 = 12 remainder 4, 100/24 = 4 remainder 4, 30/8 = 3 remainder 6, 30/24 = 1 remainder 6. Any multiple of 8 (less than 30 since the data has that limitation) will give the same result.
Yup. And that ambiguity is why Yoshimura mentioned the problem with appraising someone with higher values than the appraiser.

Group Leader
As far as I'm concerned it's not about the actual numbers but the intention.
Giving a status like "demon king ATK 1 million, hero ATK 100 millions" certainly give the scale of how strong the hero is, but you can word it like "demon king ATK 1, hero ATK 100" and it would be the same: the hero is 100 times stronger than the enemy.
This system with the remainder might have flaws, but we don't fall into the problem I just outlined and that is enough for me to consider it better.

Dex-chan lover
As far as I'm concerned it's not about the actual numbers but the intention.
Giving a status like "demon king ATK 1 million, hero ATK 100 millions" certainly give the scale of how strong the hero is, but you can word it like "demon king ATK 1, hero ATK 100" and it would be the same: the hero is 100 times stronger than the enemy.
This system with the remainder might have flaws, but we don't fall into the problem I just outlined and that is enough for me to consider it better.
You misunderstand the meaning of "remainder".

It does not show how many times other is stronger. That would be quotient, not remainder.

In Miyoshi's case, having 2 to 11, 2 to 101, or 2 to 1000001 will show the same result of "1"

In your example (1 vs 100) that skill would show "0"

Like what happened with "Luck" stat. Both Luck 100 and Luck 30 showed 0

Last edited:
Group Leader
You misunderstand the meaning of "remainder".

It does not show how many times other is stronger. That would be quotient, not remainder.

In Miyoshi's case, having 2 to 11, 2 to 101, or 2 to 1000001 will show the same result of "1"

In your example (1 vs 100) that skill would show "0"

Like what happened with "Luck" stat. Both Luck 100 and Luck 30 showed 0
I'm talking about a different thing, though.
It's not about the numbers or what they mean, it's about how they are presented to the readers. In the usual case, you get big numbers with no purpose but to be scaled with the main character's, so the magnitude of the number is only to make things look "cooler" as "1 vs 100" and "100 vs 10000" are the same thing: one is 100 times stronger than the other
"1 million" certainly does sound better than "1 hundred" so I understand why authors use this method.
The remainder used here might not be a comparison, but I don't care about it; it's entirely a matter of presentation and not about its real meaning.

Dex-chan lover
Instanced mini-dungeon with an unknown activation requirement, and a hard shutdown at "Daily Reset".
Including the "GTFO, or Else" mechanism.

Between the flavour texts and this kind of thing...
Yup.... the "Devs" do have the proper mix of Cringe and unapologetic Sadism...

Dex-chan lover
Typos on page 21: "deserts" are dry places, "just desserts" is a comeuppance.

Users who are viewing this thread