D.Gray-man - Ch. 248 - Saying Goodbye to A.W - Contact

Dex-chan lover
Man, things were so much simpler back then. Just cool Exorcists fighting Akuma with unique Innocence, nothing more, nothing less.

Now it's a fucking jumble of layers of convoluted stories on top of another.

Double-page supporter
No fr, everyone always says the story is confusing, & I can't blame people for forgetting what happens in the three months it takes for there to be an update (especially since it seems the fan translations aren't as frequent) , but like if you actually take the time to go back and reread the story is quite clear
I totally believe that you are right, but let me give you some perspective.

I picked this up in 2006, that was over 16 years ago now. I have 21 volumes of this manga at home in some box, cause when I started I was 15 and not even in high school yet and there was no internet community doing this full scale back then. I am now 32, finished high school, finished uni, lived in Japan for a couple of years and now I have a job. Since the 21st volume released back in 2011, we have gotten 7 volumes over 12 years, compare that to 21 volumes in 5 years. That's like a book every second year. I am not gonna reread this every 2 years to remember everything in the past 28 books. Most of us reading won't do that, we also no longer have time to do that.

I completely get that it makes sense if read in one fell swoop, but getting drip fed like this for 12 years... it's a miracle I remember anything of those 5 minutes I spent reading a chapter every 6-12 months.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I totally believe that you are right, but let me give you some perspective.

I picked this up in 2006, that was over 16 years ago now. I have 21 volumes of this manga at home in some box, cause when I started I was 15 and not even in high school yet and there was no internet community doing this full scale back then. I am now 32, finished high school, finished uni, lived in Japan for a couple of years and now I have a job. Since the 21st volume released back in 2011, we have gotten 7 volumes over 12 years, compare that to 21 volumes in 5 years. That's like a book every second year. I am not gonna reread this every 2 years to remember everything in the past 28 books. Most of us reading won't do that, we also no longer have time to do that.

I completely get that it makes sense if read in one fell swoop, but getting drip fed like this for 12 years... it's a miracle I remember anything of those 5 minutes I spent reading a chapter every 6-12 months.
I mean? Yeah???? Kinda confused on why you're telling me this when my reply was basically
"Its only confusing because no one remembers anything since there is a long wait between updates"
I know people have lives and aren't gonna reread when they're confused (most of the time I check the wiki), I was trying to say if you do reread, it makes sense. That it's not the story itself but how long it takes to get information.

For me personally, i only have to go back a few chapters to understand/remember whats happening (although in this case it doesnt work bc OG allen was ages ago), & I didn't mean to imply you need to reread the whole manga. The person I responded to was talking about the flashback, and I was also talking about the flashback

Users who are viewing this thread