D-kyuu Boukensha no Ore, Naze ka Yuusha Party ni Kanyuu Sareta Ageku, Oujo ni Tsukimatowareteru - Vol. 4 Ch. 24 - For Some Reason I Killed Him And He…

Supporter
i read novel till the holy tree arc ( just when the 2 wife come to the tree country), and haven't continue since then.... I was fine with yuri, but i hear that the romance with leon and 2 wife didn't increase and even the yuri become higher make me lose my interest to read it
I am finding myself having the entirely opposite reaction. The story had my curiosity, now it has my attention.

Dex-chan lover
wdym, that's the best part. And it's not even NTR.

You are disparaging one of the best moments of the entire story (I mean the measuring device). What you refer to is likely something that happens as a result after.

I'm not sure about the manga, I'm on the novel train since it's at 12 volumes and seemingly ends in the next, which is a comfy read in itself. + you don't need to wait ~10 years for it to conclude, if they even get to the end of the story.

I was just put off by the anime having terrible animation (all characters have the same dead fish eyes, despite their expressions being the best part of the manga and LN).
Got a place to read the fan translated LN? I heard the official version changed Leon's character to be more like a bratty teen than a snarky college age adult.

Dex-chan lover
I think it might be because it’s the most distinct outside from Sloth—which itself could be difficult because of the innate lack of motivation to slothfulness. Lust would border on hentai. Wrath, Greed, and Pride are common enemy tropes anyway. Envy is tricky as it feels more like a trait of a weak enemy rather than an imposing one. Gluttony is probably used a lot because it’s indiscriminate. It has the potential to be a chaotic force that can be dangerous to both the main character or bystanders. You could also make Gluttomy endearing as food in general can be a positive social event. Gluttony is just more versatile than the others.

Dex-chan lover
Got a place to read the fan translated LN? I heard the official version changed Leon's character to be more like a bratty teen than a snarky college age adult.
I got mine from reddit. Easiest way to find em is look for the specific megathreads of when volumes came out, then spend a minute or two scrolling down the comments, because at some point, someone always translates the entire thing and leaves it in the comments. Took me like 5 minutes, saved on needing to buy 12 volumes ;)

Dex-chan lover
i read novel till the holy tree arc ( just when the 2 wife come to the tree country), and haven't continue since then.... I was fine with yuri, but i hear that the romance with leon and 2 wife didn't increase and even the yuri become higher make me lose my interest to read it
That's only because he is daft as a brick. I'll put the explanation into a spoiler, despite probably not needing to. Also actual volume spoilers maybe included.

But real talk, this is the stark difference between the polygamy / polyamorous relationships, as their relationship is simply the latter. Polygamy just means 1 person having multiple legal partners. Polyamorous would mean that the people involved actually share a passionate love for each other, rather than being all connected to the same person at the center, not really getting involved with each other.

So to answer your misigivings, it's simply that the girls really like each other. Also, Leon approves. Girls are actually kinda pissed that they legit put out for him, and he kinda doesn't notice. Heck, they try to go for his virginity in form of a 3some, and dude be like - "nooo, they cant possibly want me to put my hands on them when they are both here. This is a test to see if I have patience until I'm alone with either of them." -> girls "wtf he is gay?"

Dex-chan lover
That's only because he is daft as a brick. I'll put the explanation into a spoiler, despite probably not needing to. Also actual volume spoilers maybe included.

But real talk, this is the stark difference between the polygamy / polyamorous relationships, as their relationship is simply the latter. Polygamy just means 1 person having multiple legal partners. Polyamorous would mean that the people involved actually share a passionate love for each other, rather than being all connected to the same person at the center, not really getting involved with each other.

So to answer your misigivings, it's simply that the girls really like each other. Also, Leon approves. Girls are actually kinda pissed that they legit put out for him, and he kinda doesn't notice. Heck, they try to go for his virginity in form of a 3some, and dude be like - "nooo, they cant possibly want me to put my hands on them when they are both here. This is a test to see if I have patience until I'm alone with either of them." -> girls "wtf he is gay?"
that's the thing, author adding yuri into the novel as a way to increase audience, but then rarely show progress with leon, there is similar situation where author adding yuri but still have progress romance on mc ( it's weakest mage btw )

that's the thing, author adding yuri into the novel as a way to increase audience, but then rarely show progress with leon, there is similar situation where author adding yuri but still have progress romance on mc ( it's weakest mage btw )
Goddamn thank you for that spoiler, dodged a bullet

Dex-chan lover

That's the thing, it was the way it was added in out of nowhere as a way to circumvent the imminent issue of who Leon marries once the conflict dies down, and to avoid one of the girls being rejected. Instead, now, it's presented in a way that makes it seem like the actual relationship is between Livia & Angie, and Leon is just a footnote in it. Not unlike a toy they share. Having this turn into a polyamorous mess was a mistake, and it would've been easier to either go the harem route or deal with one of them being rejected.

Reason being, that's what most readers are used to. Polyamory is a relatively recent thing to pick up steam and not a lot of people really understand what it is, so from that viewpoint, having things turn out like they did feels very, VERY close to the same feeling of NTR. If you have to explain what a type of relationship is and how it works to diffuse those feelings among readers, it's probably not a great idea to go that route in the first place. Especially when you've got people dropping the series because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread