Dad Is a Hero, Mom Is a Spirit, I'm a Reincarnator - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
How did Mermaid Man put it best.....oh right

EEEEEEEEEEEVILLLLLLL!!!

Dex-chan lover
Royal curse with black miasma. Also done to great effect in The Curse of Chalion.

If it has something to with royal lineage shouldn't she had seen the black miasma coming from that pig too, I mean the princess

Double-page supporter
that pig will just self destruct latter on, while become this guy puppet im sure, just for seeing that crown prince is a good looking person while his sister looks like a pig..., but wait don't tell me that his brother is doing "that" to his sister so the child became like a pig too?
but i think it's not like that, but the sister is just a tool while his father the king is his pawn, and the crown prince is a traitor from other countries :v
well i'm just assuming things what i favour tho hue hue

ooh yeah the curse .... i forget, is the curse on female is on their appearances while the male can't use spirit power?

Group Leader
Well, I'll be damned.
In chapter two I commented that this trope of making evil people physically ugly and fat was boring.
And here the mangaka just depicted a bad guy, but made him beautiful and slim...
Guess I've judged this too quickly.

I kinda love how the exposition and our introduction to this world is done. It's interesting, but also very informative. We get just enough background to not get lost in the narrative, but not too much where the chapters become info dumps and boring.

I guess this manga was a bit of an exception to my 3 chapters rule. This could get interesting 😀

The dude looks like he is in his 40s, being married to THAT really did a number on him.

Dex-chan lover
Let me take a guess, the crown prince is envious of the father/hero for being said hero and having Origin.
Likely he is an inverse of his sister and desires the spirit that he can not have, due to whatever this nasty curse is. Perhaps that itself is the curse? It makes one undesirable to the one they really want?
It would explain the overaggressive and disgusting nature of the daughter/sister/princess(?)...

Fed-Kun's army
Oh hey, here comes the pretty boy prick of a Crown Prince. Makes you wonder why the old bastard King is still on the throne, he looks like he abuses his subjects. And if he's giving birth to the fugliest pig, he should have been removed from the gene pool years ago.

Group Leader
Ellen will grow...!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Double-page supporter
How is it possible that the Crown Prince looks similar despite being related to that "monster"?
Yet both have a very bad personality.

Dex-chan lover
Ojii-san (old man) and ojii-san (uncle) used the same kanji... poor uncle...

on another note, please don't insult pig and just call her abomination.

Contributor
@endo54
They really don't, and you are confusing oji-san (old man, but literally uncle) with ojii-san (really old man, but literally grandfather).
In this case she called him Oji-sama (おじさま) because he literally is her uncle, but coming from a little girl he's never met before it made him feel old.

See https://www.japanesewithanime.com/2016/09/ojisan-ojiisan-obasan-obaasan-meaning.html for details.

Incidentally, she called the butler "Jiiji" (じいじ)

Users who are viewing this thread