Dad Is a Hero, Mom Is a Spirit, I'm a Reincarnator - Vol. 4 Ch. 22

@Silverden If that was the case, then they would need far more than they ended up giving the villagers. They would've probably needed half to the full amount in that jar they made, even if this was a super-long acting formulation that you only had to take like once a year or smth.

@Squishles She's essentially made a medication that is like surgery in a pill, or inducing a short term tumor. Both of which are not possible by medication alone.

Dex-chan lover
@iskaeil I mean you're very much not wrong either in that there is no cure that we know of. Which is why I also mentioned that she is a goddess equivalent.

Honestly? Yeah, the author PROBABLY really didn't bother and magicked something to fix stuff in context.

But at the same time, you can also imagine that a little bit of goddess-level mastery of things added to what is depicted as "supergenius nerd capable of reverse-engineering medicine" can do things "our" medicine (which is grounded in reality, not mythical power levels) can't yet, for lack of either god powers or medical and technological advancements providing an equivalent boost in efficiency.

@Cybik I wish that would've been mentioned. Better world-building than "I just used my past life haha the modern-day is so much cooler and advanced and all these issues aren't issues anymore bc we, the technologically advanced fixed them."

I would've loved to see more details in spirit powers getting incorporated with modern-day science. At least in a way that specifies what mechanism is used, instead of "handwave I fixed the problem in three pages offscreen." Would've helped make this series more compelling. There is so much "this is only the tip of the iceberg of my OP powers!" for this entire family, but explained or shown in such a way that the pay-off isn't quite there for me.

Dex-chan lover
wouldn't medicine only help with the consequences of the problem, and not the cause? and if they only give a limited amount of medicine, it will only work one time and then the disease will come back?

Dex-chan lover
Okay but can’t this bitch just build a fusion reactor so nobody needs to mine coal anymore?

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes. Calculating and remembering the composition of various medicines as a hobby. And being capable of bringing them up without any issues even after many years. Seems legit.

Dex-chan lover
Spirits said you can help em but we get monopoly even if it can’t be recreated by anyone who isn’t you.

Dex-chan lover
@TetraSky Most if not all people have a "quirk" and they can be in a range of all things. Though I think she was basically an autistic woman just like book girl

Yeah, i also memorize the composition of drugs as a hobby, pretty normal stuff.

Dex-chan lover
For all of those who would doubt the hobby of the young miss:

Trust me.

That kind of a hobby can be a thing. Boredom and intelligence mix SUPREMELY well/badly.

Contributor
I've read the terms of service for a load of websites for fun, so I get where she's coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread