Dagashi Kashi - Vol. 11 Ch. 186 - The End

Dex-chan lover
I stopped reading this a while back because it felt boring, repetitive and I didn't think things were going to end in a satisfying way. I clicked on this chapter out of curiousity and yep, sure was right. What a pathetic excuse for an end.

This is skipping over a decent amount of context from the in-between chapters, which is probably a good reason why you shouldn't translate the final chapter without doing the ones before it first 🙄

Wow, a 30 chapter skip. That’s probably the main reason this chapter falls flat, since there’s no build up.

But granted, the way this chapter goes is kind of eh anyways. It’s kind of a given since the conclusion is after the falling action, so it’s not supposed to be exciting (unless it’s a twist or something).

But it’s not necessarily a bad ending, but it’s like watching the first few minutes of a movie then watching the ending scene. :)

Dex-chan lover
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY DID YOU TRANSLATE THIS YOU RUINED THE ENDING FOR ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Wow, this TL is amazing, he was somehow able to force a bunch of people to click on the link and read the ending.

maybe anon got pissed at the pace of this translation considering this manga end a year ago 🤔

Dex-chan lover
Why are you even complaining about the ending being spoiled when literally nothing happens?

The only thing that got spoiled by this translation was the sudden realization that you wasted your time reading a story that never went anywhere and had an unsatisfying ending because the author would rather stretch it forever than have anything interesting happen other than introducing more characters that barely add anything to the plot.

So thank you, TL, for allowing me to avoid the complete waste of time that would have been those 30-something chapters.

I actually like this ending. Instead of being wholly conclusive, it reflects how life generally goes. Things happen in-between, some problems get resolved, others persist, and they all continue to pursue their own versions of happiness. Moreover, unlike some other slice of life manga, this ending also reflects that while certain things retain the status quo, there are other smaller changes that push things forward for the characters.

Me

Dex-chan lover
I gotta start checkin' the uploader instead of just going "New chapter? CLICK IT NOW!"
I didn't really want to fast-forward to the end. Especially an end that doesn't feature a single candy! What a load of crap.

Dex-chan lover
The buildup to the ending is supposedly way better than the last chapter which doesn’t give a lot of information about the events that transpired. The bulk of the progress allegedly happened during those and the last chapter is a bit misleading without their context. This isn’t too surprising given it’s an episodic manga. Hopefully we get some epilogue-style doujins from Pochi one day.

Hehehe I didn't read a single chapter before the final one and I don't regret it at all 😀

Users who are viewing this thread