Dai Kyochuu Rettou - Ch. 19.1 - Attraction (Part 01)

Dex-chan lover
@The_H_Guy Well, if you do not steal the thing yourself, but demands that people give it to you, then it will be blackmail and you will still become a criminal. Ironically, I know of several titles where the use of blackmail for sex was perceived just as "evil seduction", since ecchi authors seem to be very fond of the stereotype that rape = physical abuse. So, in most cases it will not receive any rape tag, maximum "NTR".

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
It kind of depend. If the situation like in this scenario is life treathening then as said before is kinda like pointing a gun.
But if the deal is about just an interest, like not telling her husband she fucked another dude. Is more like an agreement. If she was asked money this would not count as robbery.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
Got it.
But as i said. If is just to protect a secret or reputation is still wrong but in a more grey area. As already said: if it was money it would still be illegal but not considered a robbery.
Rape is not only being beaten up and fucked by a stranger. There is situations inwhich the victim is forced to go along with it. But when the victim can simply say no, and face a "minor" aftermath like dunno a public shame or something (plot device used very often in blackmail hentai manga) it start to look more like an agreement to protect the victim's interest.
Probably your examples are more heavy. Dunno. But is simply natural that when in a grey area every person will have a different moral compass and opinion. While everyone will agree that someone getting suddenly pulled into an alley, having it's clothes ripped off, beaten, and fucked with a knife at throat point is undoubtly rape. Unavoidably the more the situation will detache from this "ideal" situation, the more the definition of rape will be difficult to apply. To a point inwhich it will become debatable for all the good and rational reasons.

Dex-chan lover
@The_H_Guy Are you seriously trying to say that when you are forced to have sex on condition of maintaining your reputation or career, then this is gray area?

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
Yes.
The fact itself we are here shitposting about it is already proof enough. Is already a situation inwhich the forceful act, and the personal desire to gain something fuse together.
The doubt is rational. We are far outside from the "she deserved it cause she was wearing a short skirt/dared to walk alone at night like a slut" territory.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
Nope. It can be still rape and without a doubt sexual harrassement. But is already something that need to be evaluated by the situation.
Depending by the circumstances it could be even like using her body as a currency to buy the other's silence.
Let's make an extremely over the top example:
Woman murder her rich husband cause she want all the money, but Dude discover what she did. She can't touch him and decide to seduce him, but before she can act Dude come to her and tell her she would make her get away with murder just for the price of a fuck.
What would you make of this situation?

Dex-chan lover
@The_H_Guy I still don't see what makes a difference. One person uses blackmail to get sex from another, whether it's rape or sexual harassment, but it's still a violation of several laws.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
Mine and your nation both.
But morals and laws don't always match. If for some reason in your nation rape was considered only a brutal sexual assault, and any form of collaboration from the victim would make it legal, you would simply go with it?
I know i'm derailing. But "that's the law" is usually the argument of the one whose morals align with that law. I see the very same persons making this claims saying "you must not obey the law if the law is unjust" when they are not aligned with that law. Laws and the individual perception of justice and abuse are not the same thing.
This manga is about a lawless island with no politicians, no cops, no judges. Who decide what is rape? And according to the laws of the nation of what reader? The japanese, cause is a manga?
I see americans bitching a lot about underaged characters, no matter japanse (and worldwide) laws and morals are way more lenient in this matter than the americans.
Ok. I've totally got too deep into the rabbit hole with this... feel free to ignore this.

Dex-chan lover
@The_H_Guy My country's laws on sexual assault are quite liberal when compared to Western practice. For example, if it was not "literal" rape, then you will be judged under the heading of "sexual assault". So that you understand the whole point, any lesbian rape or rape, where a woman committed violence against a man, will be considered precisely "violent acts of a sexual nature", because conservative morality is so conservative. At the same time, in the Russian criminal world, rape, especially of children, is considered one of the most immoral and you will be quickly "put down" if they find out that you have been imprisoned because of this.

Dex-chan lover
Rape is sex without consent, non-con as often shortened to.
This also includes "consent given under duress," situations that would be considered "under duress" would be anything that threatens the victim's body, life, reputation, work, or anything else that could potentially ruin things for them.
The only time it isn't rape is if it was consensual without anything influencing their motives or reasons for giving consent, in other words, if they willingly gave consent because they wanted to, not because they felt like they had to do it to protect themselves for whatever reason.

Users who are viewing this thread