Dainana Maouji Jilbagias no Maou Keikokuki - Ch. 12 - Karmic Reunion

Double-page supporter
It seems that the author writes "Prince" in the raw. So, I guess, maybe, the Japanese author, as usual, sucks at English, and doesn't know that there are 2 different words Prince and Princess.

Dex-chan lover
A quarrel during lunch after five years of his disappearance.

Dex-chan lover
Perhaps it is because I am a deep enjoyer of the Elder Scrolls franchise, but I can easily accept Prince as a gender-neutral term in this instance. That being said, if it bothers people, you could use the term "Scion". It isn't exactly the same thing, but it may fit the bill. The First Scion, The Second Scion, etc.

Dex-chan lover
Interesting story so far.
But my guess is that its getting axed after maybe 20 more chapters maybe? The story is slow, and there are a lot of obstacles that is going to need a lot of chapters to resolve everything.
But hey, maybe well see the end in 8 years or so?

Dex-chan lover
All of them were called Princes I can't even be sure of the Sleeping Princess' gender. :worry:
It's possible in the original Japanese they were all called 'Prince' in English, like when Sofia said congrats on his evolution in English.

The Japanese think anything in English is cool in a foreign or 'otherworldly' way, and they don't care if its grammatically incorrect to native English speakers. Like in Persona 5 Strikers, where all the major villains (male and female) are called 'Kings' in English for the Japanese version, while the localisation changed it to the gender neutral 'Monarchs.' I guess the translator for this chapter decided to go with direct translations.

Dex-chan lover
Your branding is as welcome as a dog pissing on your pants. What were you thinking?

subtle-lht.jpg

Double-page supporter
So they're all named after gems?
Aiogias - Iolite?
Rubifia - Ruby
Diagias - Diamond
Emergias - Emerald
Spinezia - Spinel
Topazia - Topaz
Jilbagias - Zircon(ium)?

Aiogias and Jilbagias are quite hard to figure out, these guesses are what comes up if you put the first part of their names (in katakana) on jisho and look for gemstones in the results, with the latter being Zircon because of the way katakana maps to romaji.
So maybe he should be Zirbagias instead? No opinions either way here, all the names are rather unusual to say the least.

Dex-chan lover
Ah, I can't tell if this is gonna be a major incident or something they just shrug off

Dex-chan lover
I think Jilbagias is Wrath. In a previous chapter At the end of ch 9 where they first introduced the siblings, I believe the older sister (Rubifia?) was the one who was shown with a chest of jewellery, so would more likely be Greed. This would also align with the story the Demon King is telling Jilbagias on the way to the meeting room.

It’s also then possible, that in each of the Demon King generations there are always 7 heirs and they represent the sins (and that perhaps both Jilbagias and the current King are both Wrath…?), hmmm 🤔 🤔 🤔…

Pride - Aiogias? (1st)
Greed - Rubifia? (2nd)
Lust - Diagias? (3rd?)
Envy - Emergias? (4th)
Gluttony - Spinezia? (5th)
Sloth - Topazia? (6th)
Wrath - Jilbagias? (7th)
Maybe all the Demon King have been Wrath? Cause sound like so far The 2 Demon Kings we know of have been angry at their own kind for being stupid

Dex-chan lover
Pride - Aiogias? (1st)
Greed - Rubifia? (2nd)
Lust - Diagias? (3rd?)
Envy - Emergias? (4th)
Gluttony - Spinezia? (5th)
Sloth - Topazia? (6th)
Wrath - Jilbagias? (7th)
They have nothing to do with sins. It's just that the devils give them power on the same principle as his taboo.

Dex-chan lover
Ok so there are a bunch of demon milfs and princess he can fuck.
So he will gain a shit to of power quite quickly if he is smart.

Thanks everyone at LHTranslation for the translation

Dex-chan lover
Bro that must be so fucking insane seeing the people who killed your family and yourself. Them being your family now. Fuck you can feel the hurt from his expressions.

Dex-chan lover
So they're all named after gems?
Aiogias - Iolite?
Rubifia - Ruby
Diagias - Diamond
Emergias - Emerald
Spinezia - Spinel
Topazia - Topaz
Jilbagias - Zircon(ium)?

Aiogias and Jilbagias are quite hard to figure out, these guesses are what comes up if you put the first part of their names (in katakana) on jisho and look for gemstones in the results, with the latter being Zircon because of the way katakana maps to romaji.
So maybe he should be Zirbagias instead? No opinions either way here, all the names are rather unusual to say the least.
Assuming your theory is correct, Jilbagias may link to (cubic) zirconia, the most commonly used material to imitate diamond. So he'd be a fake gem, appropriately.

Users who are viewing this thread