Daites Ryou Koubouki - Ch. 14

Double-page supporter
Thanks for translating!
Man, milliana word and action keep inspiring me. She is wise when using her knowledge

Cheers. This is my first trip proofreading for a manga. Please leave your feedback, people!

Edit: Alright, I've seen multiple issues, most of which were born from my inexperience with how dry lines transform into speech in manga, how it affects them. Now that I've seen the actual result and how it compares to my expectations, I've cottoned onto the pattern and should be able to ramp up quality considerably with every chapter. Please keep posting feedback, guys!

who freaking cares about Ohmi lol. If they try to supress Daites they can always just declares dependency :D

Dex-chan lover
Great chapter. Thanks for the release.
I really love this series

Nep

Dex-chan lover
It speaks volumes when "underground spy/assassins" the group that usually know no life besides the "darkest corners of society", is the sanest of the bunch

Group Leader
@Thifa Well it's more like the citizens of Ohmi believing that the former Crown Prince is the only competent member of the Royal Family; causing a civil war to erupt due to the disgruntled citizens trying to take out the rest of the family and put the ML on the throne as King. It would be a death sentence for his little brother.

@HDMI1 Current King is no fool, he just has to balance a lot of groups interests in addition to his own position of being very mortal, compared to surrounding nations where Kings are all one-man-armies. He had to do something with disgruntled Western nobles so he sent them off to get rekt against Echil to cool off and it worked.

I mean, I kinda do/kinda don't get 'fast wind' switching sides after that. He was already ready to die, so what difference would it make if they find him again? Unless being remembered as a martyr vs traitor made that much difference to him (idk, seems like a bad quality for a spy)

Totally a moot point after the tour tho lol
Just something that came to mind

@literal he was ready to die for his country while he still had honor with them, not so much after being labeled as traitor.

Group Leader
@labanina We know what the King is doing because we're the omniscient reader, but the all the average schmuck Ohmi citizen sees is: King kicks out former beloved Crown Prince, sends new Crown Prince into battle and they get wiped out (friends and family lost for nothing), Former Crown Prince not only gets a peace treaty signed with the country they just attempted to invade but he also single-handedly stopped the invading forces of an even worse country.

In short the citizens see the King almost getting them all killed in a 3-way war, but Former Crown Prince saved them all, and they start thinking: "hey, the guillotine is looking kind of rusty, let's get it back in working shape!".

@HDMI1 well Ohmi is monarchy, so the amount of fucks they give about peasant opinions is very limited. King is also old and probably looking for a way to put a proper successor in place, reputation of an old man isn't a big price to pay for it. ML also possesses strength to quell any rebellion or take the throne, at any time, with his personal strength alone.

Good I love this story. The balance of cute, raunchy interpersonal stuff, politics and war is great.

Double-page supporter
Why is "Rankana" in speech bubbles and "Rancana" in the map?
I mean, pronunciation is the same, but still.

@Garrett well shit, because map was in a chapter after the country was first mentioned in text? I might go back and fix it later, thanks for the heads up.

Users who are viewing this thread