Daites Ryou Koubouki - Ch. 9

Thanks to the one that trabslate and upload this chapter @labanina . I really love this series. Hope someone would continue to upload this stories.

Dex-chan lover
@alidan
you see, points still don't line up.
Photographic memory excuse - I can believe to certain extend that thanks to modern school and some hobbies she have seen construction principle of various technologies. In manga itself it explained that she just seen blueprints in museum. That explains early type car, locomotives, cannon, phones, bikes.
Where does 4WD comes from again? As far I know there are no museum with blueprints of modern 4WD vehicle. At no point modern looking device comes in story until this point.
But hey, let's say she somehow come across it.
Magic excuse - so far it only mentioned as source of energy, that's it. All those blueprints she recalled thanks to her memory - were given away to engineers to create. So far we have seen - it all was more or less coherently made without too much things out of place. Which overall made it seem like it was early industrial age. It's stretchable, but still somewhat believable that in like 10-15 years she uplifted medieval society to early industrial one.
But again, if magic can create completely different production type (metal frame, plasitc, all other things exist in modern vehicle against early automobiles) - why everything else was made pretty basic? Like said phone for example. But so far magic was only source of energy, and not shape shifting any material.
You can start stretching explanation further and further. But at this point all notion of at least partly believable story is gone.
And MC is just author plot device to put out her ass modern vehicles at your convienence. Instead of mildly interesting story with some technology interaction in background, it's just garbage power fantasy with no explanations required for MC actions.

On other hand thanks to this dumb argument I rereaded and paid more attention now to say clearly that author was terrible at writing all this, it's just will be convienent technology after convienent technology with zero explanation, so I just gonna drop this manga period. Doesn't help that scanlator takes issues with manga story at personal account. The further away from crazy people the better.

@Qxtno i dont really care ...snipe who or what that not my concern that their and i only reader ... i only said i good with LQ as reader . i dont say i preferred LQ over a good one but if i should wait 3 - 4 month so its not by rule got drooped for every chapter like that i better read LQ . its better than i use my phone to read it while using instant translation from google . why u mad by my opinion i know its free yeah but why should i hate someone that upload it faster, cant i even say thanks, or should i spit on it? , if this like hanhwa/manhua that got uploaded to YT i already read in there and then i just re read them again if good ones pop up . by that time i already forget the LQ for sure

Dang she built a fooking land cruiser 1st generation huh... I get it she received a god’s blessing or something but building a car from nothing is a quite a far fetched.
But oh well I’ll shut my brain while reading this next time...

@Lost_in_breathing shut it back on and read the comments.
1) It's not her 1st gen car
2) It's not ICE, it's magical spirit stones rotors = electric car that works on magic
3) her family is filthy rich

They've no problem of throwing money at the stuff until it walks and talks like a duck, I mean Toyota, from MC memories.

Hello, this is the EJ translator for Daites.

I don’t want to create any problems nor get into a debate, but I would like to voice out my opinion. I hope the readers will see this comment and understand how I personally feel.

To @labanina, I see you’ve decided to do something apart from complaining. You’ve said before that you post to get teams to post faster,
Except, you know, they didn't and sniping works every time.
is this what you are trying to do or will you be continuing to post Daites weekly as you promised in your comments? I saw that a lot of readers don’t really care if the chapter is low quality as long as it is fast, so if you will be continuing Daites until the end, then good luck.

You see, I really like Daites and care for it a lot. That’s the reason I joined EJ so that I could TL it, and then share this great story with other people who don’t understand Japanese. I’m sorry if it takes us some time to get chapters out. I could publish sloppily translated chapters every week if I wanted, but I want to be proud of my work and appreciate the rest of my team’s efforts in cleaning, proofreading, and typesetting a series. It takes a lot of time, especially if somebody in our team falls sick or has too much work in real life and can’t dedicate as much time to scans as some of you apparently think we should.

You also asked for criticism, so let me just point out the large mistakes you’ve made:
P.8 Duke Daites only has one daughter; P. 10 It’s not a joke ; P. 13-14 it’s not Milliana speaking ;
P. 17 Kocis is not the viscount ; P.23 she won’t come back without her husband

I don’t know if English is your first language or not but you should get somebody to proofread your MTL to catch all the little mistakes you have made.

Also, this manga is in Japanese and the Japanese language is written using characters (kanji) and a syllabic script (kana), not RUNES. Runes are only used in Germanic languages before they were replaced by the latin alphabet.

Anyways, I just wanted to say my piece, good luck.

is this what you are trying to do or will you be continuing to post Daites weekly as you promised in your comments?
What's the point of making any statements now? Just wait and see.
I could publish sloppily translated chapters every week if I wanted
Alternatively you could stop acting like TL isn't fastest part of the process, compared to clean, redraw, TS etc. 3 months for 30 pages is abysmally slow. If everyone following the series forgets the premise, plot and characters by the time you're done with your quality release - there's no fucking point and underlying reasons don't matter, in my opinion.
I don’t know if English is your first language
No, I'm ESL.
you should get somebody to proofread
Nobody stepped forward yet and I won't run around looking for proofreaders or bother establishing a group. I post TL on /a/ first to see if any rune-readers would proof it, so far very few did, I guess the series aren't popular enough.
not RUNES
They look mysterious to me, therefore they're runes.

Regarding the feedback:
P.8 Duke Daites only has one daughter
Eh that still makes her the first in my book
P. 10 It’s not a joke ;
yes, I struggled with that line:
>それが冗談で済まない奴なんだよ...
Sore ga jōdan de sumanai yatsuna nda yo...
"She was serious about that" or "She wasn't joking" something like that
P. 13-14 it’s not Milliana speaking
yeah makes sense
P. 17 Kocis is not the viscount ;
Kocis is nobody: he gave up family name and title, he's just a retainer for Matisa now.
In my eyes the context here is messenger saying they asked permission from actual head of Kathila house, Viscount, while ignoring another Kathila present in the same room.
P.23 she won’t come back without her husband
>婿様にはかえられないわ
Muko-sama ni wa kae rarenai wa
"I'm not coming back without my husband-sama"
Yeah, that makes sense.

Thanks a lot for feedback, I've checked in the changes.

Thank you for the translation! No matter, if people perfer higher quality scans, they'll wait for it. But for those who don't want to wait months for 1 chapter. It's good as well.

Fed-Kun's army
@ksen
when they talked about the train at a museum, I took this she did have a passing interest in how things work, and if you have even a modicum of interest, you can find blueprints/patent info/even entire shows that go though it step by step.

Now if you bring the concept of magic into this, then you side step the years of trial and error that would come from not knowing exact mechanics and more knowing the ideas.

Now as for modern looking, that's likely all it is, is modern looking. note the expression on anyone's face besides the maid, even the mc seems to have issues with the cars at times, now I have been in some old cars where even going 40 miles an hour was scary and you felt everything, and I have been in fairly high end luxury cars where at some point you realize you were accidently going 80 because you felt nothing at all. my best guess here is that the cars just look modern.

as for why everything is so basic elsewhere. you don't see it to much in modern times, but you need 1 person with a vision and a means to advance things, look at the idea of an assembly line. there are a few basic ideas I had, that are very simple, kind of no shit ideas, but no one has ever made something so when I did I technically became an inventor just because no one ever made the shape I did before. I mean you have easy access to the materials, you have a problem, but no one ever came up with a painless solution till I did. in software you see this more often then mechanical now, something that was very obvious but just wasn't done before for some reason, and it takes either someone with the means to do it, or the backing to have it made. for a free thing, look at hydrus, a personal image repository, some programs tried to do this in the passed, but nearly all failed, and this is the first viable program for it.

but i'm not looking at magic creating different thing, im looking at magic taking the roll of something more difficult. the example here was the combustion engine was to hard to make so they went with a magic alternative. depending on how much space that takes up, you could instead of a mechanical solution for 4wd, you could have a magic one where you have 2-4 engines for the wheels.

as far as I remember, and as far as I have seen in the raws for the manga, nothing is really immersion breaking from an 'I call bullshit on you having this' kind of thing.
Some of this comes from making guitar pickups and also making speakers because it seemed easy and I wanted to try, and it is, its very easy if you know what to do but would have likely been a nightmare to figure out if it never existed before, but the principles behind it are all, at least in my education, 2nd to 3rd grade concepts, granted we never got practical uses out of what we were doing, but the concept we learned then would also extend into wirelessly charging a battery/induction cooking ect.
you have an mc who has seen blueprints, who knew a dead sea was likely a salt source, both of these suggest she had an interest, and you have very early life knowledge that if you have a photographic memory and all the time in the world to thing, you could apply it to recreate things if not had off the concepts to people who can do the trial and error portion themselves.

@alidan
you could apply it to recreate things if not had off the concepts to people who can do the trial and error portion themselves.
Also a lot of Salt money and Switzerland-tier of geopolitical advantage: you don't have to worry about politics and military all that much, if only one narrow chokepoint leads into the bigass valley that hosts your fief.

Dex-chan lover
@alidan Having blueprint is not a magical solution. Having magic is not a magical solution either, otherwise it'd be shown used as such. So far magic here is just energy production related, not creating any sort of material of any shapes or form.
Again, you take points in story and fill the gaps yourself. Basically headcanoning it all to make it sound reasonable. Nothing wrong with that, but credit for explanation is yours, not the story's.
Sadly from my point of view I am not really interested in this story so much to bother with headcanon. All I see inconsistency in bad storytelling. And useful plot device "no questions asked". There are no prototypes. No testing. No mulling over production methology. Just pulling things out of MC ass.
Main manga's focus is not on this anyway, it's background setup for character situations.
So I'm afraid you don't have me convinced. This story doesn't make much sense and it doesn't worth wasting time in comment section anymore.

Fed-Kun's army
she was born in japan, became a true blue American in an isekai....SUV, ammunition, all she is missing is an Eagle and a Flag

Users who are viewing this thread