Daites Ryou Koubouki - Ch. 9

Dex-chan lover
@Svelandria
I just decided its better to not start aggressively arguing when topic don't worth it.
The thing is - if all you listed was actually depicted in manga - I wouldn't have a problem.
But it isn't depicted, all you listed is background what if excuse.
What was depicted is early industrialisation era, various tests with prototypes - and that's about it.
Nothing was "modern" design so to speak and then 4wd comes and breaks everything there was.
But again, it's low quality story where reader isn't supposed to think and just enjoy the ride. So it doesnt worth having argument over.

Double-page supporter
@ksen I mean, you're not wrong. It is indeed what-ifs on my end, and the transition from industrial to modern was jarring. However, it still makes sense to me regarding her capabilities and her memory despite how silly it is. I do agree, though, that this could have been written way better and they should have shown what was done in the background to allow her to have a 4WD car all of a sudden. At the very least, they should have shown it being developed back when she was giving Matisa a tour, like showing him the "in development" parts of the duchy or something so there was foreshadowing.

In any case, I still find it enjoyable and worth a read. If nothing else, I'm waiting for shit to hit the fan just so she can flex her power and scare everyone to death. Gonna be fun times. :p

Dex-chan lover
@Svelandria
I mean capabilities don't match.
If she spend her entire life up until this point to get industralization going, why in mere months it upgraded to modern age?
If she would've used these capabilities which allowed creation of 4wd - why all this "early industrial era" visuals were needed period? Just make that country completely modern and skip the middle man. Less confusion for everyone involved.
But now instead of actual interesting interaction between technology level - all we'll get is random "pull technology out of your ass" move as plot device.
Jet planes, internet, etc, just you wait

@Eunieberry do it, LNs will never be finished because author literally isekaied though

@ksen well that's because you lost the argument: you were explained to that this 4WD only has better looks and furnishing compared to the car from chapter 1.
It doesn't fucking matter how many wheels move if they're all being moved by magical rotors: this was explained in the manga.
That 4WD toyota has fancier furnishing, the difference ends there.
What was also explained is weaponized aspergers divine blessing of MC that remembers every little thing she ever saw in life perfectly, probably up to that 1 time she glanced at amateur recreation of plutonium gas enrichment centrifuges or something.
upgraded to modern age
pull technology out of your ass
it is very easy when your technology is based on magic.

The question you should be asking is why locals never figured out how to make magical spirit stone rotors to Mad Max their war carts into the enemy, if it was so simple in principle. Perhaps nobody figured out magical laws inherent to it, like with electric motor.

@Dymosara King is actually chill and more or less reasonable, how reasonable can you be after wasting lives of thousands of your subjects in a useless war just to prove your wife wrong, is another matter entirely.

@labanina
It was extremely rude to snipe EJ please do not do any more chapters so EJ won’t drop this. I’m not saying that you did this with ill intent but I messaged them on discord and they are not happy about you translating a story they’ve worked on since chapter 1.

And to everyone else shut the actual fuck up about it’s fine if it’s LQ because that’s a dick move to EJ who work hard to give us a good chapter for free. Yes I’m talking about you @huizhaye @Eevee3 @Dezaki @TheGodEmperor @InsaneAwesomeTony

@Qxtno There're no "sniping" rules on MD, this isn't NU, nobody owns the series except for original or licensed publishers, so the only possible leverage fanT group can have here is vague "moral highground". Which is null and void with 1 chapter every quarter EJ translate: 30 pages every 3 months is nothing, 1 dude can do it solo in 2 afternoons. I've mentioned this to them months ago, the answer was is that I'm an ungrateful prick that would've never learned about Daites without them and that their pace is reasonable and I should fuck off.
Well, I didn't, let's just see what are they going to do about it.

everyone else shut the actual fuck up about it’s fine if it’s LQ
Holy shit you're one mad entitled pickle. Calm yourself before you have a stroke or something.

Dex-chan lover
@labanina
"it's magic, so I ain't gonna explain shit"
if it's all magic, why they have steam locomatives in 2nd chapter? Why not magic locomotives?
"Fancier furnishing" - you realize how much different production process for said fancier furnishing? Unless that 4WD made out of wood, it shouldn't be possible with technology which was shown few chapters before.
Again, it's pointless to argue about garbage story

@ksen
it's magic, so I ain't gonna explain shit
it IS explained, you're just either forgot, missed or are actively choosing to ignore the explanations.
if it's all magic, why they have steam locomatives in 2nd chapter?
Why don't you take your ADHD meds and read it again?
It explicitly says that
spirit stones vehicles don't have enough power to work as railroad locomotives
, that's why steam ones were used instead.
f0zid2.png
I strongly suspect that steam is still being generated by spirit stones rather than burning fossil fuels though.
you realize how much different production process for said fancier furnishing?
it isn't: first of all - she's a duke' daughter and we don't know if that Toyota is mass-produced or one-of-a-kind luxury product.
You throw enough money and craftsmen at it, you can have something that looks like modern Toyota with medieval tech and no magic.
If you have tools and technology to make 1920 Ford car, nothing stops you from making one that LOOKS like 2020 Toyota, Milliana could've just dictated specific form to craftsmen and they would produce one for her.
And underlying mechanisms are taken care by magic, it's literally 4 spinning magic wheels dude:
there's no advanced tech in it, it's just a fancy painted tin cart with luxurious furniture, standing on 4 spinning magic rotor wheels. People had fancy beautiful curio and fancy, lavishly padded and decorated chairs and carriages since ancient era, some examples from 18th-19th century:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peacock_Clock
858x540.jpg

All your arguments are garbage, which is what I'm arguing for, not your general opinion on the story, about that - I don't care.

either Daites becomes it's own country, Milliana destroys the castle or Matisa manages to drag her away back home before shegets to launch her plan

Dex-chan lover
@labanina
sure, I can give in movement engine thing, which I actually never argued specifically about.
But again, see - locomotives. and mobile. See their shapes? plasts of metal.
Car is her in spoiler, why it's not modern vehicle again?
Why her phone is old type phone too? in her own house? Why not modern phone with more comfrotable design? You don't make much sense.

easy on your fujoshi fanboism, I tried to be neutral after inital steam left off, but I guess that was for naught
also one of a kind luxury items still follow production options avaiable of mass production vehicles. So no, there is no argument for garbage development.

@ksen
See their shapes? plasts of metal.
the shapes are as Milliana remembers them and has put them down in blueprints.
Car is her in spoiler, why it's not modern vehicle again?
Early prototype, you don't go all in with fancy shit before you iron out underlying magitech.
Why her phone is old type phone too?
Have you seen how her phone looks now? Neither did I so not an argument: she could have magic smartphones by now for all I know.
I tried to be neutral
Nothing about your posts were neutral: only now you accept that your 4WD argument was dumb.
also one of a kind luxury items still follow production options avaiable of mass production vehicles
No, they literally do not. The fancy 18th century royalty carriage is not any less difficult to make than 21st century automobile reproduction using medieval tech, instruments and materials: it is absolutely possible to make it LOOK like one, put it on 4 spinning magic wheels and call it 4WD.

You've no arguments, I will stop replying to you now.

@Bahlull probably every Saturday at the minimum, the chapter for this actually takes two evenings or a whole day with my skill level and I still have to cut corners because otherwise it would require some redrawing. Which I can't do.

Dex-chan lover
@labanina
blueprints don't magically become real, no one shown any 3D printer around.
for blueprints to become real you need production methology for said realization.
Which is obviously impossible for current technology

"early prototype" argument is out of your ass.

For phone go back for some chapters, it's probably wooden or just box. It doesn't even has proper modern speaker/microphone handle.
that fancy 18th centry carriage still build with basic carriage technologies. It gives zero points for your "argument". All you can do is yell WRONG and decide that's it? Don't forget to cover your years and yell "LALALALA can't hear you"

Go play victim elsewhere. But thanks for hilariousness of taking this garbage manga seriously.

@labanina
You say “Holy shit you're one mad entitled pickle” without a hint of irony like you didn’t just write the above paragraph with your own two hands.

Remember kids, that:

[ul]Daites family become rich af thanks to MC: they're the only producer of salt in an otherwise landlocked country. Salt is a luxury condiment for nobles and a conservant military needs for rations.
[/ul]
[ul]Milliana has perfect memory, which extends to all her memories from Earth. She only needed to read an article about technology once and she would then be able to throw salt money at it in isekai to turn it into reality[/ul]
[ul]Steam power was in the works in 50CE Ancient Rome on Earth: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeolipile[/ul]
[ul]4WD isn't complicated at all if a car is electric in principle, with magic instead of electricity[/ul]
[ul]If 18th century craftsmen could do this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peacock_Clock, they could certainly make a reproduction of 21st century Toyota SUV that would look close to one, when directed by a person with perfect memory of its design and materials.[/ul]

I've blocked the shitposter so I won't have to see his squacking anymore, just wanted to lay those arguments down there for the sake of cross-era magitech series.

@Qxtno yet I didn't even ask you to shut up because I don't like your opinion. Feel the difference.

Dex-chan lover
Ah yes, call someone shitposter, without adressing anything, that will surely make you right.
edit: also, just for the note, announcing "blocking" someone make you one of a kind fool in eyes of people.

Group Leader
Thanks for the update, did Endless Journey drop this title? 😥

Well, looking forward to more frequent updates if that's the case

I've mentioned this to them months ago, the answer was is that I'm an ungrateful prick that would've never learned about Daites without them and that their pace is reasonable and I should fuck off.
Funny how you worded yourself so mighty here while all you did was shitting on them with your passive-aggressive comments. Do you really think no one has eyes to see what you said to them in other comments? If anything, you are the entitled pickle who demands free stuff while they have no obligation to do so.

30 pages every 3 months is nothing, 1 dude can do it solo in 2 afternoons
Suuuuureeeee. That's why your ver is full of mistakes and the tone is all over the place. Blaming on MTL won't help your case since you decided you're doing this to spite the group!

The last thing, don't f screenshot their old chaps to explain your point. If you're that great, use your own work! That is if you have any dignity left! But we all know what you are, don't we.

To all the people on this thread supporting this dude, I hope you won' regret supporting this lq shit and be surprised when EJ finally stop bc this is clearly not their fault, and just realize how selfish and entitled you all are already.

Edit: gotta love your insensitive take/joke on the author's death. That just shows how much of a prick you truly are.
LNs will never be finished because author literally isekaied though

while they have no obligation to do so
Sure, no obligations here, we're all pirates, what's a snipe then?
full of mistakes and the tone is all over the place
Point them out, be constructive.
screenshot their old chaps to explain your point
No idea what are you on about, EJ quality is great, disregarding watermarking every page. My personal opinion that they are too spread out and therefore, too slow with any specific series they're working on, which kills all the interest to it. When I see manga updating every 3 months - I forget plot and characters and cannot be assed to re-read it, so it just perpetually sits in my bookmarks, gathering dust.
So I've decided to do something about that, got a problem? What are you going to do about it?
If you're that great
Are your eyes for decoration? It says LQ on the first page. I'm not even that fast: it's just EJ is slow as fuck so the bar is low.

The suction force on your fanboying blowjob is honestly amazing, keep it up, you may even get another chapter in 2021 from EJ.

@Kaori No, not to my knowledge. For reasons explained above I couldn't stand the slow updates and decided to contribute.

Dex-chan lover
Feels like every third post is made by labanina...

I'll argue that this manga was pretty much dropped anyway. We did get a chapter just recently, but looking at the previous timestamps it feels like they just had a chapter lying around, and before it would happen again enough time would likely pass to make it considered as dropped again. So I dont think this can really be considered sniping.

I will however also argue that the way I read his comments, this release was out of ill will more than anything else, and intended to be a snipe (granted, it could simply be his tone that makes it read that way, which would make sense considering how many ppl is bashing on him too (annoyed ppl sound hostile by default)). Would much rather have not seen all that drama. Oh well, I profit either way (if it continues to get tld), and even if it claimed to be LQ I would argue it is perfectly adequate quality (didn't notice any errors, not that I looked for any tho).

Users who are viewing this thread