Daites Ryou Koubouki - Vol. 2 Ch. 8

I just saw the light novel and there’s volume covers showing a kid/baby that Milliana’s holding(volume 6-7). I like BL as well but I don’t like the whole FLxMLxKOCIS. And how the ML seems to be wary of Milliana only because of what she’s capable. Like when the King asked him about his wife, he’s all “she’s dangerous and cute” like really, it feels lacking. I’ve stayed around cause the FL is hilarious and I’m curious on the other kings. Like what if they meet Milliana (like the king who hits up on all ‘beautiful’ people of all ages regardless of their gender) 😂 so I tried browsing The LN. It cost 1300 yen per book.(13 usd) so I might buy it or Translate it once I have the time cause updates are taking a long time and I just really want to know ML’s POV. Cause Sometimes the manga rushes things so maybe he isn’t as trashy as I thought.

Double-page supporter
I think this meeting ending in such a cordial and agreeable manner is a plot twist in and of itself.

Dex-chan lover
Rather than the mother, the bigger problem is his father the king.

Dex-chan lover
I found it funny that the Queen wasn't seated in the throne room. It's like she knew she would have to faint for dramatic effect.

@FStubbs I fear that never taking a second wife didn't mean buttbuddies was off the table.

Dex-chan lover
I keep forgetting that reading the comment section of this manga actively lowers my IQ...

People get real fucking hypocritical because it's a F -> M <- M harem when in every other comment section they would scream for the MC to fuck every pretty face walking by regardless of relationship status.

Double-page supporter
@Ironclad I'm assuming that there simply isn't a seat for her to sit in because the tradition of Ohmi states only the king has a throne. Not sure if this is true since they haven't exactly gone into the details of Ohmi's traditions, but it's what makes the most sense.

@Eunieberry If anything, her being dangerous is a plus for the ML. Sure, he's wary of her, but not because he intends to do anything behind her back and worried she'll do something to him in retaliation. Rather, he's more worried about making her worry about him to the point where she might actually burn a country or two down to the ground just to find him and bring him home. She's capable and dangerous, and those are two of the several things he likes about her, her being cute another reason. I mean, wouldn't you want a capable, dangerous, and cute spouse as well? :3

Dex-chan lover
An assassin anouncing his attack while trying to backstab someone...
I think no one told him that talking is not a free action IRL.

@mahtan I remember hearing that there's a whole history of failed assassination attempts thwarted by overzealous assassins trying to get their last line in, and things not going their way.

I don't understand how everyone is ok with him basically cheating one her, the only reason i'm still reading this story is for the female lead.

@chonkury I figured out what was bothering me. I don't necessarily want Kocis and MC to be together (I don't care either way. They have a cute platonic relationship). What was bothering me is that the ML wasn't open about his relationship with someone other than his wife. I would have been totally fine with their relationship, and would have even sorta loved it from the get-go if they had been honest about it. It just made me wonder how ML and Kocis would have handled their relationship if MC hadn't found out about them. Would they have just kept going behind her back? Idk, it just feels like a weird double standard to be okay with it just because Kocis is a man. I'm all for poly relationships, and I think they can be interesting in mangas/manhwas as long as there is honesty.

@ImperialDevotion I guess I wasn't thinking of this as a good example of a poly relationship; it struck me as somewhat dysfunctional from the start because of the uneven power dynamics (Kocis is of lower status, the male lead expects both Kocis and Milliana to obey him, etc), and that unevenness has been played for laughs more than once. I would prefer them to have a healthy relationship between equals, but it seems like the status quo isn't going to change.

Users who are viewing this thread