Dame Ningen no Aishikata - Ch. 2 - A girlfriend who is nursing a useless person.

Dex-chan lover
The thing is that she might not even love him, he is just like a punching bag, an inferior being that are dependent on her so that she can keep him for as long as she want. Usually with character like this, at least there are some sort of love in it, sure the girl might be messed up but at least she have affection toward you, this girl might not even think of him as a human.

As much as I dislike him, I sincerely hope he can improve

Dex-chan lover
I get the impression that she is a deeply stressed, albeit successful lady. Judging from her blatant pleasure in speaking her deepest, most intrusive thoughts with someone she can comfortably assume won't even think of leaving her, she's probably in some sort of situation at work that forces her to be very, very fake.

I think, at this point of the story, she loves how free and relaxed she is with such an 'inferior' man, more than she loves HIM. Hopefully that changes as time goes on- and perhaps she'll not be so comfortable with the thought of him finally taking offense.

Double-page supporter
Maybe she was hurt and abandoned before by someone she consider better than her so she chose to be with someone "useless" because he's save and will always be there. not that that's an excuse for how toxic she is
No, she is just evil. There is no need to have a reason for the way she acts.

Double-page supporter
I get the impression that she is a deeply stressed, albeit successful lady. Judging from her blatant pleasure in speaking her deepest, most intrusive thoughts with someone she can comfortably assume won't even think of leaving her, she's probably in some sort of situation at work that forces her to be very, very fake.

I think, at this point of the story, she loves how free and relaxed she is with such an 'inferior' man, more than she loves HIM. Hopefully that changes as time goes on- and perhaps she'll not be so comfortable with the thought of him finally taking offense.
She likes the ideia that he needs her... that he cant survive without her.
that is why at the end she says is too bad and that she feels better in a kind of dirty room, from a pespective she is just a evil woman that feeds on this dude emotionaly... now if she stops him from being a better person them we will see if she is just evil as fuck.

Dex-chan lover
I feel this manga would be a very compelling romance if the guy was less of a wimp and could call her out and challenge her.
If that were the case, i'm sure she would lose interest immediately and leave. I think she wants him to improve just enough that he wouldn't just outright kill himself.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
dilema.jpg

gzb

Fed-Kun's army
The serialization really has different vibe compared to the previous one imo. Before, she was hot and harsh. Now she's still hot but also softer with her words. And damn, the boyfriend is actually more annoying than I thought.

Her "haha" does things to me btw.

gzb

Fed-Kun's army
i was never rly able to imagine 'fufu' as a laugh either
'fufu' is actually 'huhu'. Just like 'fuji' is actually pronounced more like 'huji'. So the 'fufu' can sound like a light/soft laugh, the one that sounds like a mix between clearing your throat and laughing. At least that's how I think it should naturally sound like. In anime, they often just literally say 'huhu' out loud though :pacman:

Dex-chan lover
I'm going to go bold and say this:

The way he talks so poorly about himself and how he seems to wallow, she in some sense is putting a mirror right up to his face, and by making mocking/blunt statements, and showing probably the subconscious darker path of which these thoughts lead, and possibly, by doing this, she can show him some perspective on himself. To show that his position isn't hopeless and he can realize he can pull himself out of the place he put himself in.

It's possible she has been in a similar place before and had to do this whole experience alone and she is giving him a lesson in "Tough love".

Maybe I'm giving her way too much credit. Maybe she just like just jerking his chain for the shits and giggles. 🤷‍♂️

Dex-chan lover
Yeah I don't want some weird redemption story for her. I just want to see the psycho lady being herself. All manipulative and malignant, with dude none the wiser.

Fed-Kun's army
She presents a choice:
Either you give in into "mommy" and ravage in her "kindness"
Or try to get better (with a little success :< ) every time such choice is presented

Dex-chan lover
i wonder if the katakana was written out like that, i was never rly able to imagine 'fufu' as a laugh either (tho i haven't watched anime in a while so idk if there's as many examples of it compared to it being translated that way since i just picture that as sounding like they're exhaling in a way lol)
(I see someone already explained it two weeks ago. I'll leave it anyway.)

That's just because we English speakers imagine it as "foofoo". You really have a barely-voiced "f" that is more like saying "huh" with your upper teeth on your lower lip, and the end-of-word "u" that is only there because apparently Japanese language doesn't like syllables to end with a hard consonant. For the "u" think of any time you hear an English word in anime like "check" pronounced CHECK-uh.

Imagine chuckling quietly to yourself with your teeth on your lip.

Users who are viewing this thread