Danberu Nan Kiro Moteru? - Vol. 9 Ch. 80 - French Press

Dex-chan lover
Our dear baka Hibiki, our precious tsukkomi, bless her heart 😂

vice prez is cute addition, as long as the author doesn't overdo the shouting face...
pg 12, are we entering armpit fetish territory...? 😅

Dex-chan lover
I want that silhouette to be Karla but it's probably not her

Dex-chan lover
Why do the Japanese think that if you scream the punch line, it will be much funnier? Is this some kind of cultural difference?

And what about that girl? Does she have a thing for Akemi?

Contributor
8jlSUXS.jpg

Dex-chan lover
@TrueGoddessReincarnation Well, she clearly makes it clear that she is annoyed with the status of Hibiki as her best friend, not a love rival. However, it seems that this girl will play the role of the local "token yuri girl", so I won’t talk about the Japanese love for ambiguous over-the-top emotions.

Dex-chan lover
@SuperOniichan
Why do the Japanese think that if you scream the punch line, it will be much funnier? Is this some kind of cultural difference?

It's called Manzai.
Manzai ​is a traditional style of stand-up comedy in Japanese culture, which usually involves two performers (manzaishi) —a straight man and a funny man—trading jokes at great speed. Most of the jokes revolve around mutual misunderstandings, double-talk, puns and other verbal gags. [...]
"Screaming the punch line" is to indicate that the two are indeed misunderstanding, and not both of them are dumb. It also helps resolve misunderstandings on the spectator's side, especially where word plays are involved.

Take for instance:
> You're a bad boy.
> Why? I'm not sleepy...

Get it? No?
> I said bad, not bed, you moron!

Well, now you do.

At the very least, it's funnier than playing recorded laughter, like the Americans like to do.

Dex-chan lover
@TrueGoddessReincarnation
Maybe so, but it's still funnier than canned laughter. At least you get an explanation in case you didn't get the joke, giving you an opportunity to decide whether it was funny or not.
Canned laughter is just another way of saying: "you're dumb if you're not laughing right now", which is pure arrogance.

Users who are viewing this thread