Danshi dato Omotteita Osananajimi tono Shinkon Seikatsu ga Umaku Ikisugiru Ken ni Tsuite

Dex-chan lover
I've said these before, and I'll say them again:

1) I've always found depictions of rugged Tomboys in Manga to be funny, because in Appalachia, they were known for having long hair, no makeup, very baggy clothes (sometimes even long sleeves), and ballcaps. Usually short hair and light clothing on a women meant "feminist", which is definitely not what manga goes for lol. Idk if my region of America is weird, or Japan is weird. (Probably both)

2) I see what you're doing, Abe. Your movement lives on! Though tbh, I would always recommend marrying young. I wish I had. Meh, 24 or 25 is not horrible by modern American standards, though I'd have preferred to have gotten engaged sooner, married by 23. Kids asap. I was never the most fit or masculine guy (by modern standards) until a few years ago. Whatever you Japanese are doing wrong, sometimes you just gotta go American and YOLO it for love.

3) Speaking of YOLOing it for love, why does that never seem to happen here? Why is this trope always "arranged for family money"? Granted I'm not opposed to arranged marriage, but I can guarentee much of the audience doesn't come from a family able to make that happen lol. Maybe it's supposed to emphasize the filial piety? idk

Group Leader
2) I see what you're doing, Abe. Your movement lives on! Though tbh, I would always recommend marrying young. I wish I had. Meh, 24 or 25 is not horrible by modern American standards, though I'd have preferred to have gotten engaged sooner, married by 23. Kids asap. I was never the most fit or masculine guy (by modern standards) until a few years ago. Whatever you Japanese are doing wrong, sometimes you just gotta go American and YOLO it for love.

3) Speaking of YOLOing it for love, why does that never seem to happen here? Why is this trope always "arranged for family money"? Granted I'm not opposed to arranged marriage, but I can guarentee much of the audience doesn't come from a family able to make that happen lol. Maybe it's supposed to emphasize the filial piety? idk
I was planning on skipping, but now I'm curious what points 2 & 3 are referring to.

Dex-chan lover
Is this another light novel adaptation?

The overly convoluted title seems to indicate so.

Supporter
From that awkwardly mangled title description, I couldn't understand why the genderswap tag was missing.

Dex-chan lover
I was planning on skipping, but now I'm curious what points 2 & 3 are referring to.
To describe the things I’m referring to.

There is a conspiracy theory/meme that the Japanese government is trying to make people horny enough to be motivated to build stable families, so they pay off manga companies to be less degenerate (and not POV) and instead have young people finding their love young and getting married very fast. Their birth rate is rapidly collapsing, as well as those of much of the developed world.

PM Shinzo Abe has many memes about him about how badly he wanted young Japanese people to boink.

Basically they want men who read these stories to feel pressured in the same way they would be pressured if their all male close friends got married. In addition, these stories make men want to see their female childhood friends as wife material. For me, the “natalist propaganda” worked like a charm (though I am American). On a fast-track to a happy stable marriage.

What I find silly though is the plots of these stories, often recycled, is very alien to me as an American, and seem to appeal to the upper classes moreso than the lower classes, as many romance novels and newer romcoms in East Asia seem to do. I’ve seen Kdramas appeal to that as well

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I've said these before, and I'll say them again:

1) I've always found depictions of rugged Tomboys in Manga to be funny, because in Appalachia, they were known for having long hair, no makeup, very baggy clothes (sometimes even long sleeves), and ballcaps. Usually short hair and light clothing on a women meant "feminist", which is definitely not what manga goes for lol. Idk if my region of America is weird, or Japan is weird. (Probably both)

"Yoloing for love" maybe because they understand than Infatuation is fleeting and not what love actually is. (Would be a lot less broken marriages if people actually didn't act so impulsively on fleeting emotions)

And given how japan has a much lower rate of divorce, and cheating than America.... They're not doing it wrong. (Unless you talking about Tokyo... then they similar to america, cause of western influence).

Dex-chan lover
"Yoloing for love" maybe because they understand than Infatuation is fleeting and not what love actually is. (Would be a lot less broken marriages if people actually didn't act so impulsively on fleeting emotions)

And given how japan has a much lower rate of divorce, and cheating than America.... They're not doing it wrong. (Unless you talking about Tokyo... then they similar to america, cause of western influence).
Yes and no. I would prefer a country where people would simply not marry if they weren’t committed. My mentality has always been that I’ll find a lady with my values and ambitions who is open, fall for her, make her fall for me, and mutually commit ourselves very quickly. And it worked. I am not the norm though.

America’s problem is indeed the people’s overall laziness and non-commitment, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t go out of our way very quickly when we are committed. Japan’s issue, on the other hand, is largely the lack of an attempt/priorities earlier on. People believe in too much order, education, and career before starting a family. Western technology and economics seem to have rocked eastern cultures in this way.

Apologies to bystanders for flooding the comments of a manga I don’t indent to even read much of.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yes and no. I would prefer a country where people would simply not marry if they weren’t committed. My mentality has always been that I’ll find a lady with my values and ambitions who is open, fall for her, make her fall for me, and mutually commit ourselves very quickly. And it worked. I am not the norm though.

America’s problem is indeed the people’s overall laziness and non-commitment, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t go out of our way very quickly when we are committed. Japan’s issue, on the other hand, is largely the lack of an attempt/priorities earlier on. People believe in too much order, education, and career before starting a family. Western technology and economics seem to have rocked eastern cultures in this way.

Apologies to bystanders for flooding the comments of a manga I don’t indent to even read much of.
The issue is the pushing of infatuation as the concept of love, and not commitment which is a tenant of actual Love.

Anyway moved to DMs since we cluttering :S

Group Leader
What I find silly though is the plots of these stories, often recycled, is very alien to me as an American, and seem to appeal to the upper classes moreso than the lower classes, as many romance novels and newer romcoms here do. That seems to be a thing with Korean dramas too.
In general upper class media representation is framed positively. It's probably easier to portray an enriching married life when money isn't an issue.

Dex-chan lover
To describe the things I’m referring to.

There is a conspiracy theory/meme that the Japanese government is trying to make people horny enough to be motivated to build stable families, so they pay off manga companies to be less degenerate (and not POV) and instead have young people finding their love young and getting married very fast. Their birth rate is rapidly collapsing, as well as those of much of the developed world.

PM Shinzo Abe has many memes about him about how badly he wanted young Japanese people to boink.

Basically they want men these stories to pressure them the same way they would be pressured if their all male close friends got married, or to make men want to see their female childhood friends as wife material. For me, the “natalist propaganda” worked like a charm (though I am American). On a fast-track to a happy stable marriage

What I find silly though is the plots of these stories, often recycled, is very alien to me as an American, and seem to appeal to the upper classes moreso than the lower classes, as many romance novels and newer romcoms here do. That seems to be a thing with Korean dramas too.
Isn't there a simpler explanation? Authors stick to and editors enforce these tropes because this way, no matter how bland, stupid and superficial the writing is, the tropes guarantee sales within the target male audience.

They repeat the tropes ad nauseam because it sells, like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Meanwhile, Japan continues to struggle to avoid a demographic demise, mainly due to insane work and social expectations, and there's no horny manga that's going to change it.

You are also completely ignoring women's opinion on why marriage and kids are not a compelling option these days, but that's another can of worms entirely.

Last edited:

Pun

So far this has huge potential. Looking forward to the future.

So, uhh... Another married high-school stuff?

What are you trying to do, Japan...
To be fair they can marry at 18 and it seems like they are high in the social status and japan really likes arranged marriages in manga especially between rich people

Users who are viewing this thread