Danshi dato Omotteita Osananajimi tono Shinkon Seikatsu ga Umaku Ikisugiru Ken ni Tsuite

Dex-chan lover
:pepehmm: Now that I think about it........I don't want to think about it no more.

I can't ever get why this secret relationship trope is so popular with Japanese authors. If my girlfriend back then told me to keep our relationship a secret just to satisfy other people or to adhere to their norms, I'd dump her in an instant since I don't want to be in a relationship half-heartedly and I expect my partner to be the same. I'd take it that she's not really into me since she's prioritizing other people over me. It's also nothing but insincerity and she'd make me think that she's either hiding something bad e.g. infidelity or she's ashamed of me.
BTW, I married my wife when she was 18 (2 days after I turned 25) and we're celebrating our 16th wedding anniversary in a few months. We had a catholic church wedding (I didn't knock her up or anything) and our parents love us very much from the start. She was able to continue her studies at a top university while I worked and she graduated on time with good grades. Also, not that it matters to me, she's still as sexy and beautiful as the day I married her. I really am so proud of her and we'd only be disrespecting our love for each other if we hid our relationship back then. Finally, screw the norms! I'd rather live righteously by God and by my wife and be against the world if it comes to that.

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
I've said these before, and I'll say them again:

1) I've always found depictions of rugged Tomboys in Manga to be funny, because in Appalachia, they were known for having long hair, no makeup, very baggy clothes (sometimes even long sleeves), and ballcaps. Usually short hair and light clothing on a women meant "feminist", which is definitely not what manga goes for lol. Idk if my region of America is weird, or Japan is weird. (Probably both)

2) I see what you're doing, Abe. Your movement lives on! Though tbh, I would always recommend marrying young. I wish I had. Meh, 24 or 25 is not horrible by modern American standards, though I'd have preferred to have gotten engaged sooner, married by 23. Kids asap. I was never the most fit or masculine guy (by modern standards) until a few years ago. Whatever you Japanese are doing wrong, sometimes you just gotta go American and YOLO it for love.

3) Speaking of YOLOing it for love, why does that never seem to happen here? Why is this trope always "arranged for family money"? Granted I'm not opposed to arranged marriage, but I can guarentee much of the audience doesn't come from a family able to make that happen lol. Maybe it's supposed to emphasize the filial piety? idk
i dont get the marriage at young age... so you get more and more disillusioned with said life partner as years go by?

I mean, hell, if your parents are loaded to give you a money free life style, or at the very least a good launching platform, sure. Make babies like rabbits. Otherwise, you just make it harder on yourself, your partner and that child or children if you really screw up.

Dex-chan lover
i dont get the marriage at young age... so you get more and more disillusioned with said life partner as years go by?

I mean, hell, if your parents are loaded to give you a money free life style, or at the very least a good launching platform, sure. Make babies like rabbits. Otherwise, you just make it harder on yourself, your partner and that child or children if you really screw up.
Eh. Depends on the level of commitment. If not, marriage at 18 or even 16 is more than doable. I know of ancestors who spent nearly 4/5ths of their entitire lives happily wed. My grandparents are about to celebrate being married for 60 years (married at 21). That's normal in Catholic families.

The problem we see today is that without intention being placed, unions are not serious and doomed. You have to have the intention of achieving the maximum level of intimacy in pretty much every way in order to move as a unit, and divorce should be seen as unthinkable from the beginning. You find ways to move past any struggle at that point. Most ain't willing to do that (and haven't for a long time)

That's the one thing that's wrong with this cliche/trope.

Last edited:
Sickly Senpai
Staff
Super Moderator
What? Sporty Tomboy Childhood Friend is evolving!
Congratulations! Your Sporty Tomboy Childhood Friend evolved into Long-haired-and-Hoodie Tomboy Wife!
:glee:

Users who are viewing this thread